Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Wu
    commented on 's reply
    Not based on quantity. Clearly on quality.

• shock
    commented on 's reply
    But, sort of like President Trump and his tweeting, still effective.

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    I should apologize to everyone for be coming a President based soley on quantity of posting. Sort of like President Trump and his tweeting.

• choida
    replied
    A President doesn't need to apologise to a graduate.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    With apologies to choida the Lady Shockers finished a solid 5th in the AAC women's golf championship today and beat Tulsa by 25 strokes in the process to secure the 6 Havoc points for doing so.

That pushes the Shocks back into the Havoc lead at 32-28 with only men's and women's outdoor track and field remaining each worth 3 points. The Shocks just need to finish ahead of Tulsa in one of these two events to take home the inaugural Havoc trophy. I like our chances on the men's side.

If the moderators believe this thread should be moved elsewhere I have absolutely no objections to that.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    commented on 's reply
    So, Women's golf is worth 6 points. Men's T&F is worth 3 points. Am I missing something? Do we get to vote to put more points on the sports we're good at next year? Thanks for the update though, 1972Shocker. Your attention to all things Shocker Athletics is impressive.

• ShockdaWorld
    commented on 's reply
    It encompasses all sports that both schools compete in, so would fit pretty much any of the sports forums at different times throughout the year.

• choida
    replied
    I might be out of the loop or naive... But what does this thread have to do with Wichita State basketball?

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    Only track and field recruits.

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    With all due respect this "trophy" or "competition" seems a little hokey. Does anyone really care? I mean are they going to tout this achievement to potential recruits?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    The Lady Shockers Tennis team did not play well at Tulsa on March 17 and lost 7-0. Tulsa picked up 6 Havoc points for that win and moved into a 24-24 tie in the 2017-18 challenge.

The softball team seemingly had a series win at their fingertips at home last weelend but gave up 3 runs in the 7th inning and Tulsa won that game 3-2 and took the series 2-1. Tulsa picked uip 4 Havoc points to 2 for the Shocks and now lead the challenge 28-26.

Women's golf is coming up at the AAC Championship beginning this Sunday in Florida. Whoever finishes higher gets 6 points. Wichita State just played in Tulsa in a tournament hosted by Tulsa last weekend at the Tulsa Country Club. Tulsa finished 7th out of 13 teams, 10 strokes ahead of the Shocks who finished in 8th place.

If Tulsa picks up these 6 points they will clinch this year's Havoc trophy.

If the Shocks can win these points the will be up by 4 with the Men's and Women's AAQC Outdoor T&F Championships each worth 3 points. I like the Shockers chances of winning the Men's points in T&F which combined with the win in Women's golf would give them the trophy.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 12, 2018, 11:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    commented on 's reply
    Probably pretty high since collegiate tennis lines are called by your opponent.

• pogo
    replied
    So what is the going rate to bribe a linesman? Just asking for a friend.:)

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    So Tulsa and the Shocks split the Track and Field points as anticipated although it was much closer with the women's track and field than I anticipated (both teams with weak teams this year).

The Lady Shocks women's basketball team picked up 3 points with a win in Tulsa last night.

That puts the score at Wichita State 24 - Tulsa 18 with Women's Tennis, Women's Golf, Softball and Outdoor Track & Field to contest.

My opinion is that the dual tennis match between WSU and Tulsa on Saturday March 17th in Tulsa will probably determine who will win this year's series. In the latest rankings Tulsa is ranked #29 in the nation and the Shocks are #30. That should be a really good match.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 27, 2018, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Kung Wu
    #3.3
    Kung Wu commented
    1 hour ago

Mama won't let me on it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X