• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wufan
    commented on 's reply
    Not according to 247...

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Well it's good the shocks are winning this thing. But I recently read where Tulsa is having a good reciruting year in basketball . Haiith has gotten a couple of 4 star recruits and a big athletic juco center. This league is getting tougher. Hope the shocks are up to the challenge. I really think the AAC can be one of the top 5 conferences next year.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Interesting that this is even still a thing. Last year it was mentioned a few times but this year I think this thread is about the only place I have heard about it. Is there even a traveling trophy or some other kind of trinket that goes with this? It certainly doesn't appear that it has gained any traction.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    commented on 's reply
    2018 Results for:
    Outdoor Track - Men = WSU 3rd for 3 points; TU 5th for 0 points
    Outdoor Track - Women = TU 8th for 3 points; WSU 9th for 0 points
    Softball - Tulsa won 2 games for 4 points, Wichita won 1 game for 2 points

• im4wsu
    commented on 's reply
    In 20118, what were the Outdoor track and softball results?

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    2019-20 Event Team Points Results September 27, 2019 Volleyball at Tulsa...

Wichita State clenches the 2019 "Havoc in the Heartland" series with Tulsa

Current points:
    Wichita State = 36
    Tulsa = 18
    Remaining = 12 (Outdoor track 6 and Softball 6)

2018 Results:
    Wichita State = 35
    Tulsa = 31

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied

Wichita State is currently in the lead:

WSU = 24
    TU = 12

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Also the T/F Men took 3rd and Women 2nd today at the AAC Indoor Championships. Haven’t been added.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    commented on 's reply
    Tulsa has not updated with the Win by WSU in the last men's basketball game. It was worth 3 points.

• im4wsu
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/20...heartland.aspx

WSU = 16
    TU = 13
    This link says tied at 12 each

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied

WSU = 16
    TU = 13

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    commented on 's reply
    Anytime I can read that we beat Tulsa it gives me a warm a fuzzy. Fade into the archives? Maybe until its revived nest year. Thank you for keeping track of ALL of the sports for us.

• 1972Shocker
    commented on 's reply
    Here is the Wichita State Havoc in the Heartland tally sheet. Also showing Wichita State 35 - Tulsa 31.

I guess that makes it official. Whether or not this will receive any publicity remains to be seen.

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    UNIVERSITY OF TULSA ATHLETICS
    Havoc in the Heartland Grid

Point Total: Tulsa 31; Wichita State 35

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    At the AAC Outdoor Track & Field Champioships today Tulsa's women edged the Lady Shocks 49 to 45.5 to earn 3 Havoc points but the Shocker men easily outscored the Tulsa men 130-78 to earn those 3 Havoc points which according to my calculations and understanding (which I do not guarantee) makes the final 2017-18 tally 35-31 in favor of the Shocks and if that is accurate the Shocks have captured the inaugural Havoc in the Heartland Trophy.

WuShock Reaper and I have exchanged a couple of thoughts on how this competition is scored and we both think it could use some tweaking. For example, Cross Country based on one race at the AAC Championships is worth 6 points for each the men and women compared to say 6 points each allocated to the men and women in the Indooor and Oudtdoor Track and Field Championships combined. We both thought that XC is overweighted in value.

Not sure if this challenge will create any signifcant fan interest between the 2 schools whch is what I assume it is supposed to do. My guess it will not but if they are going to keep it they need to tweak and refine it IMO.

Now this thread can fade way into the archives.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 13, 2018, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X