WSU Versus Tulane Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Tulane Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The Greenwave squad of Tulane will get the red wave shakedown here at CKA. This is the first time the Shocks have played them this Season. They are 13-13, 4-10, and have a 5 game losing streak. Make that 6. Lindy's picked them to finish 9th and Street and Smith both picked them 11th. Last Season they were 3-15 and 6-25. Melvin Frazier is solid and known as a defensive stopper with his 56 steals last Season and Cameron Reynolds rounds out two of their better players.

The Shocks won an epic road win today of a score of 76-72 at a place it is as rare as pulling hens teeth to do. When the Shocks play like tonight, one game at a time, they could win out in this here AAC and That would be a nice way for these 6 Seniors to march us to March in the groove, hitting on all cylinders. They can't stop Shaq who will attack. Just put a bandaid on him and keep in in there as long as he can because he is really playing like a trooper with a purpose. When LS, Austin, and CF have triplicating good shooting gigs, watch out because the Shocks rock out when this happens. Look for it to happen this very game.

We win this game by twice the number on LS jersey and Shaq and Kelly will have a double double.

Black and Yellow-- 92

Greenwave---------70
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

One could easily forgive a lackluster performance given recent results.

Comment

• pogo
      pogo commented
      Editing a comment
      i will not tolerate ANY lackluster performances from here on out! So it is spoken so shall it be written.

In hopes the Shockers start building momentum and steam like a pressure cooker as we just keep getting better no matter who we are playing and surge and jell every game onward. We are due a night of inside presence first as we break a record on three pointers and could this be that very game our team record falls?

Comment

I wonder if Shake Milton will be back to play us? I'm sorry for thinking ahead.

Comment

• bighouse
        bighouse commented
        Editing a comment
        i will bet you he plays against us.

Watched Tulane earlier in the Season and was not overwhelmed but they were not chopped liver and 3G will have the Shocks on target. I'm guessing Shake will be back to bake which will make it all the sweeter to show them how the cow ate the cabbage. No sweeps on this experienced Shocker team will be allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
        I wonder if Shake Milton will be back to play us? I'm sorry for thinking ahead.
        I can’t help but to think about this myself. As tough as the rematch with Cinci will be, SMU on the road with Milton may be our the toughest game left on our schedule.

Comment

They should put out cheap green gloves and then everyone can wave at the players during the free throws.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Tulane or not Tulane. That is the question

Comment

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              Four or six lane

Shocks by 19, after 3G puts in the walk ons with 3 minutes left up by 27.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Tulane.png
              Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I just want rest for our starters and more experience for CJ Keyser and The Big Dane. I just REALLY hope Tulane doesn't come out shooting lights out in our arena like a lot of people have. Take care of business, then relax.

Shockers - 84
                Green-looking squid thing - 67

Comment

Coach sounds like he thinks they are better than their record.

Comment

• ShockRef
                    ShockRef commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pin,
                    They are better than their record. I've seen them a couple of times and have a collection of athletes.
                    I watched the whole game against Temple and it came down to the end. This was just after Temple had beat WSU so you know they were playing well.

Fans use the 'trap game' lingo all the time, but in this league, there are so many athletes you can not look past any team.

I'm sure all on here remember the SIU debacle late in the season a few years back. Tulane is a lot better than the SIU's of the world.

That is all.

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And they beat Temple in Philadelphia 85-75 to open AAC play.They also beat Houston at home 81-72 earlier in the season. However, Houston blasted them 10 days ago in Houston 73-42. One of those teams whose record can lull you into state of over-confidence but one that has proved if they can get it going on any given night they can be trouble.

That said they have not played very well over the last 8 games winning only 1 in OT over ECU on the road. But just to be on the safe side the Shocks need to come out focused and ready.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2018, 04:06 PM.

Only TWO more home games!

These Seniors deserve another raucous BIG-TIME AAC Wichita ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!!!!

Go get 'em Shocks! Pedal to the METAL.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

We have the momentum back and let's just keep getting better and more proficient on both ends of the BB. No letting up. Just get out far ahead and let our bench get the game experience they need.

Shocks 85

Tulane 60

Comment

Chargrilled Oysters with a NOLA SAUVAGE - 59
                      Spicy lamb tagine with a Moroccan mint tea - 100
                      For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                      - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                      X