No announcement yet.

Official #19 WSU vs #5 Cincinnati Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalwart I hope your statement was made in jest. There are a number of power 5 schools that have mid major talent and non power 5 teams with NBA talent. Sorry but Cinn is not mid majot

Comment

• You must be new around here. That was sarcasm. Stalwart is good like that
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Not new just new to posting

Comment

• Where can I find the pressers for both teams

Comment

• 1. Shamet is underrated
            The Shockers are starting to heat up at the right time, while Cincinnati has now dropped two straight after joining top 5 in the rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shree View Post
              1. Shamet is underrated
              The good news is that he's defeated the slump and has returned to his earlier self. The bad news is that he is probably renewing interest from NBA GMs.
              Last edited by wusphlash; February 18, 2018, 08:22 PM. Reason: Actually, I'm all for him going if he's ready.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                I know why it hurts, but there's just nothing bad about that....absolutely nothing.

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Remember Myron Medcalf a few days ago?

Americanmerican Athletic Conference: Cincinnati's momentum

Cincinnati hasn't lost since Dec. 9. Right now, Mick Cronin's team is holding American opponents to a 24.8 percent mark from the 3-point line. The Bearcats are bulldozers.

Their upcoming matchup against Wichita State, one of two this season, was initially billed as the American's heavyweight title fight. But the Bearcats own a three-game lead over Wichita State and Houston in the standings.

Even if the league fails to offer Cincy the tests that top teams in the Power 5 leagues will face in the next month, the Bearcats could start the NCAA tournament as the hottest team in America and the field's greatest defensive threat outside Charlottesville."

What a tool.
              Literally none of that was hyperbole. We had not played well and Cincy was on fire. Can't blame Medcalf.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                "Even if the league fails to offer Cincy the tests that top teams in the Power 5 leagues will face in the next month,"

This part was disgustingly gross hyperbole, but I already wrote a post tearing it apart. It's either incompetence or agenda. Or maybe he was too busy writing a story about the absolute non-story of Marshall leaving WSU to have a clue.

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
              Willis, he goes to his left.
              This is a great soccer-style chant.

He goes to his left!
              He goes to his lee-eeft!
              Darral Willis!
              He goes to his left!
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• This from a Cincinnati board:

Dude's having a very hard time focusing his anger...........among many other shortcomings.

"Luckiest mother ****er ever, miss a hunt get a two. These ******* announcers need shot. Why are we not scoring. This team is terrible at scoring consistently. We haven't scoreed yet. Evans is terrible, drives to long. Take the ball to the ******* basket. This team vs good teams is embarrassing. Stop stalling, we scored better when we ran. This whichita team had all the confidence in the world. If they sh*t like this they will win the national title. Worst call in world in Cumberland. Team just doesn't know what to do if they don't hold there opponent down. Can't take watching this sad play."

To be fair, this poster is lectured several times by other Bearcat fans. Still, very funny.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                  Shocker Mama commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow — he sounds like he needs one of jackets with the really long sleeves.

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He gets even better as his comments continue well into the night. He calls for the death of Ted Valentine's family. It's really, really humorous.

• Rlh04d
                  Rlh04d commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Probably not for Valentine.

• Anybody else see the Cinci Barstool Twitter exchange after predicting a 20 point win. Even Ron Baker got in on the action...

Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What do you do on Sundays after an L. Epic comeback when you're trolled by an NBA'er.

• Shocker Mama
                  Shocker Mama commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahahahahahaha!!!

• Cdizzle
                  Cdizzle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ronnie B bringin the game tonight. Love it.

• Wow! What a game! I love the AAC!!! Two fantastic games in a week. I think we are starting to see our beloved Shox gel into the team we all thought they could be. While not perfect, that was their most complete game of the year. A tough, hard-fought road win against a very good Cincy team. The rematch at CKA could be yet another instant classic. I rewatched this game off of the DVR and then I find it rebroadcast on ESPNU so watching it again. Love me some Shockers!

I am proud of these guys. They showed a true toughness beyond what we have seen from them so far this year. Hopefully we see this continue and watch it propel us deep into the NCAA tournament. Outstanding game Shockers!
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• Great game. I may have broke something stuff before Austin’s layup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Just watched Cronin’s postgame presser. He is intense, but he is kind of a miserable sonofabitch.
                    Just watched the presser. Maybe I just haven’t heard it from HCGM(we haven’t loss much in the last few years), but the way Cronin publicly called out and blamed individuals for the loss seemed unnecessary. Maybe he’s just a terrible communicator, but he seemed like a complete ***hole.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                      Shocker Mama commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That was my thought too. Right under the bus.

• ShockdaWorld
                      ShockdaWorld commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He IS a complete a$$hole.

• Even off the basketball court, Baker is on fire.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• the nations longest home winning streak vs. the best road team in the country. what the f**k else did they expect to happen? an mvc thing? well, yeah that's just what happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X