KenPom oddity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KenPom oddity

Pardon me if someone else has observed this already, but what a remarkable mirror image pairing in the Pomeroy metrics between Nevada and WSU.

As I write this, the Wolves of Tahoe are 17th with an AdjO of 120.2 (10th best) and AdjD of 100.2 (75th best) for an overall margin of 20.00, while WSU is 18th with an AdjO of 120.2 (11th best) and AdjD of 100.3 (76th best) for an overall margin of 19.95. Not much difference in tempo, either: 70.1 for Nevada, 69.7 for WSU. You could throw a blanket over the two of them, except that it wouldn't really need to be a blanket; a hand towel would probably do.

Speaking of KenPom, I still have to shake my head when i see Creighton with a better defensive score (AdjD 99.9, ranked 69th best) than WSU has. Next thing I'll read somewhere is that a bear actually does NOT, uh, defecate in the woods.

Continuing the oddity, after the win vs. Cincinnati -- now the near-mirror pairing, even closer than WSU and Nevada, is WSU and 4th ranked (12th in KenPom, vs. WSU's 14th) Xavier. The Musketeers' AdjO is 121.5 (7th) vs. WSU's 121.4 (8th), while their AdjD is 100.3 (70th) vs. WSU's 100.5 (75th), all leading to an overall margin of 21.24 for the X-Men vs. WSU's 20.92

Comment

Working...
    X