No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Cincinnati Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to understand that shots are not gonna come easy. I hope we look for that first GOOD shot and not wait for the GREAT shot because it might not come. It will be cup check time.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

As much as I want us to win this game, I just do not hold much score in us beating them on their home court, just as I do not think they will beat us on ours.

With that being said, I'll be damned if I am going to predict a loss. Shocks by one..

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        We need to understand that shots are not gonna come easy. I hope we look for that first GOOD shot and not wait for the GREAT shot because it might not come. It will be cup check time.
        Didn't know Mitch had a grandson on the Shocks.

I know. :hopelessness:and:stupid:

Comment

ClarkU - 58
          ShaqSt - 63
          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
          - said no one ever...

Comment

Battle Royal. They are going to sag off of RK, ZB and MM to double SM or DW depending on
            who is playing at the time. Obviously, points anywhere will be hard to come by. Our big guys
            are going to have to match their physicality / intensity. My concern though is how AR, CF and
            LS will respond to the physicality of the guys that will be guarding them. To win, I believe we
            will have to hit several DEEP threes and either MM or ZB will have to make them pay a little bit
            for sagging off of them. CF hits two deep threes with under five to go and we hold on to win a
            close low scoring game 58-56.

Comment

They will double team our guards (Landry, Conner and Austin) plus Shaq every time they touch the ball. It’s going to be really difficult to break free for anything. This doesn’t bode well for Landry or Conner, who struggle against this type of pressure. Hope we have a good game plan. It’s going to have to much different than the plan we had in Houston, or it could get ugly. Our best approach might be starting Landry, Conner, Austin, Markis and Shaq. They can’t double team in that scenario. If we have Brown and Rashard playing at the sam time, forget it.

Comment

The Cincy board has no class...posting about Lynn and the Kentucky game last year. We need to pound these A-holes at their place and ours.

Comment

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They do seem to be an arrogant bunch, particularly considering how little they have accomplished in recent times.

people from ohio arrogant? who knew?
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

Shocks by 6
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

If the Shox played defense like we're accustomed to for the past 10 years, I would feel good going into the game. This year's team defense is still an enigma that only shows glimpses of what it can be but never for the entire game. I think our game @ Houston is a good barometer of what's in store for us @ Cincy as the Coog's defense is just as good as theirs. We shot 32 percent from the field, 20 percent from three and had 18 TO's that game. Shamet, Reaves and Frankamp were a combined 5 for 23 shooting. Houston took our guards out of the game and you know the rest of the story. Our guards are the key to this game. They have to hit the open shots when we get them and Shamet is going to have to be more proficient in his one-on-one, breaking down his defender game in order to free up Reaves and Frankamp from the outside. We need to see Shamet penetrating more creating his own shot or dishing it out.

Comment

We really shouldn't be able to win this game, but I think we can. They're not killers from the perimeter, which is where our defensive problems have really been. They're not particularly deep. Their defense is extremely good, but we've never been a team to fear physical defense -- even this year our interior defense is still strong, it's just the perimeter that worries me. And we've got the best shooters we've had under Marshall. Our offense should match up decently against their defense, and our defense against their offense.

Shoot decently when the shots are open, have them not suddenly shoot 50% from the perimeter, and have a normal whistle, and I'd think we win. But I think it's more likely that we split the series home and home.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

66 to 65 Shockers!
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Realistically.... keep it competitive enough to have plenty of confidence in the game at Koch.

That's all I'm really hoping for, if I'm being honest.

We could win, it's just not very likely. That's perfectly fine because games like this are what everyone wanted out of a conference upgrade.

Comment

Even if we lose this game, it will still help us prepare for the NCAA tourney games. At least that's what I'll be rationalizing to myself.

Comment

I just can't make a prediction where I don't have the Shockers winning. My Shocker colored glasses see us winning a very physical hard fought game. 59-58 Shockers.
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                              X