WSU Versus Cincinnati Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Cincinnati Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Here I am composing this thread as my heart is still thumping like a jackhammer as we just defeated Temple. "Houston, are you there Houston? Thanks for creating problems for Cin. tonight Houston." Now, if the Shockers can win out in Conference play, we are the Champs for a tie at least. Now the Shocks dash out eagerly to the cold and lonely road where we are known as Road Warriors and That is the cold, hard truth.

Who am I? Played for Cin. many moons ago. Nicknamed Mr. Triple Double and wore #1 for the Bucks. Big O, Oscar Robertson is who comes to my mind when I think of the Bearcats. The here and now Cin. squad is having a solid Season over all at 23-3 and now 12-1. However, they are 13-0 at home. Jacob Evans, Gary Clark, Kyle Washington, and Jarron Cumberland are among their better players. Yes, they have had to come from behind a few times and won a few close ones. Even so, they have won most of their games handily.

So here's the deal, phase 2. Can we march into Cin. and earn this essential road win? Let's do 'blasts of Shockers past' in search for answers as found in the 1995-96 WSU Shocker Basketball Guide. Dec. 18, 1961 WSU defeats #2 Cincinnati at a score of 52-51. Next, Feb 16, 1963 #9 WSU beats #1 Cin. 65-64 as Dave "The Rave" Stallworth scores 46 smackers!! WOW!!! No wonder Dave's Jersey hangs high in the rafters at CKA. Last but not least, Jan. 4, 1969 WSU 67--#10 Cin 66. Nobody could ever accuse the Shocks in these 3 games of running up the score. The moral of the story is, we defeated them 3 times when they were ranked higher than us and we can do it again. The Shocks were very resilient tonight in the Temple win but we can't play soft in either half to pull out this needed victory, per the words of Coach Marshall tonight.

This game will be a premier game, talked about and viewed on ESPN, all around the Milky Way at 3-p.m. on Sunday . Against Temple, the Owls met their doom inside with Shaq and Willis shooting 18-21 combined and a total of 47 points. Like it? Yes, I like it alot, and we need more of it. Scoring points for both teams could be as difficult as pulling hens teeth in a rough and tumble, smash mouth and potentially monstrous game. GRRRRR!!! Play angry like famished hyenas there Shockers!!!

LS, CF, Austin outside along with Duff, Brown, Willis, Kelly, and Shaq attacking inside could be the ticket for the predominant minutes we will see. Conner Frankamp will score a 3-pointer at the buzzer for the 3 point win in double overtime as the Shocks win this chaotic game by 3. Shaq and Willis will both seek for double/doubles against the Bearcats solid bigs. Just keep both of these players out of foul trouble please.

Bearcats------------62

Beloved Shocks--65
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

This Cinci squad baffles me. Their defense is always on point, but they seem to play a lot of close games because their offense is so inconsistent. It seems that poor offensive units seem to find their stride against us.

Im hoping this isn’t one of those nights for Cinci. Although I don’t think our offense lights it up against them, but is able to keep pace. Shox 67-65.

Comment

cincy.png
      Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This will be another nailbitter game. But if we come in and play like we did the second half of temple game through out the entire game we will win by double digits. Most of the teams in the AAC are seeing that our weekends has been guarding the 3's. Our 3 guards and 2 strongest bigs will do most of the damage but if they are down then MM, RK, ZB and RN will have to step up their game. Let's go shockers.

Comment

KFDI 68
          WKRP 64

Comment

As fun and exciting as that game was last night, and how proud it made me of our guys, I'm still not sure I can predict us winning at their place. If we have any sort of 10 min slump like we did against Temple, we will not win this one. But man, the heart and the hustle shown at the end gave me some hope. I'll be pretty nervous for Sunday.

I'll go with:

Shockers - 75
            Catbears - 78

I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Sweeping Cin. would look finer than a frog hair on our resume'. Splitting with them would not meet Shocker expectations but we still Dance with the stars IMO.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I noticed Cincy pretty much stuck with their starters the entire game against Houston. Only 6 of their players played 10 minutes or longer. I don't know much about them, do they lack depth? If so, that might help us. Or was this a coach's decision to exclusively stick with the starters in an important conference game to get the best chance of a W. I can't imagine the exhaustive style of D Cincy plays and they only go 6 deep like they did against Houston, that this will work for them against us.

I don't think the Shox have seen a tenacious D like Cincy's in quite a while and they'll struggle adjusting to the learning curve. Add in we're at their place, I think we lose this one 69 - 60.

Comment

I have zero confidence we win this game, but 100% hope we do.

Comment

I am banking on our depth wearing them down. Shockers by 1.

Comment

I love being in the AAC. Having this level of home and home with a conference foe on an annual basis is priceless.

I am full of optimism but low on expectations following last night's win. Let's roll out our A game and play as if we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Randy Smithson Mock Turtlenecks 70
                      Bob Huggins Mock Turtlenecks 66

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

Randy Smithson Mock Turtlenecks 70
                        Bob Huggins Mock Turtlenecks 66
                        Ftw
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

This could be crazy low scoring.

I feel you Triticum. Loved that show.

Dr. Johnny Fever 55
                          Ol’ Mike 57

Comment

I really don’t know how anyone can predict us to win this game. I’m pretty sure no one here predicted us to go undefeated before the season. This is probably our most challenging game on the schedule. I am hopeful we play our best game of the year and pull out a W, but honestly think we’ll lose by 8-10 points in a hard fought game.

Comment

Fully having my respect Cincinnati that is...I have to wonder if last night's Temple squad is just as good as the Bearcats at present time.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X