No announcement yet.

Official #19 WSU vs Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most points allowed in a half in the HCGM era.

Temple: 19-30 FG (63.3%), 11-15 3FG (73.3%), 7-7 FT (100%), 3 TOs

They're also outrebounding us 15-13 (granted they aren't missing so there aren't many defensive rebounds to grab)

Just...ugh. Where did our defensive intensity go?

I know, I know, Las Cruces and Baton Rouge. I don't buy that it's that simple, at least not completely.

Comment

Temple 11-15 from 3 for 73%.

Comment

This game is stressing me out might have to find something else to do

Comment

We don’t guard the three until we start panicking and jumping into shooters and fouling.

Comment

Either they gonna regress back to the mean in the 2nd half, or we're gonna lose.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I have seen this movie before Unfortunately it was "Piranhaconda" and this is "Piranhaconda 2."
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Game will be decided in the first 4 min of the second half. Their shooters have to be run off the 3 pt line, and we have to make sure we consistently score.

Comment

Very disheartening if you are a Shocker fan but Temple looks great. Shocks are totally out of it but Temple seems to be the more talented and more energized team and by more than just a little bit. Not sure if the Shocks can turn that around in the 2nd half or not. I'm hopeful but can't say I am optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                    Most points allowed in a half in the HCGM era.

Temple: 19-30 FG (63.3%), 11-15 3FG (73.3%), 7-7 FT (100%), 3 TOs

They're also outrebounding us 15-13 (granted they aren't missing so there aren't many defensive rebounds to grab)

Just...ugh. Where did our defensive intensity go?

I know, I know, Las Cruces and Baton Rouge. I don't buy that it's that simple, at least not completely.
                    Even more than the 2nd half against Texas Tech in 09? Goodness

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      Temple 11-15 from 3 for 73%.
                      They are shooting 10% better from 3 than 2.

Comment

I see we are just as ready for Temple this time as we were the first time we played them.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

LOL, you can't make this crap up. Another team comes into the Koch and blisters us from the three line. It's like a broken record but the fact is, the Shox haven't figured out that teams 'rise up' to play us. We don't match their intensity until it's too late and sometimes we end up getting the win. Being 14 points down to a very athletic team that matches up well against us = loss at home...again.

Comment

This reminds me of the SMU game here, except worse.

Comment

This may just be the first of three sweeps we suffer this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                I disagree that we played poor defense the first 15 minutes. They hit shots.

Then we decided zone was a good idea for some unknown reason. And for an even less known reason stayed with it .
                                When you don't defend those 3's, it's a little easier to make them.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                                  Cdizzle commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Watch the game tape. Not what happened.
                              Working...
                              X