No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Temple Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet revenge - Shocks end first half ahead by 18, and win by 25.

Comment

Temple is going to push us once again. Due to their 5 game winning streak and some national talk of possibly getting a birth to the NCAA's, Temple is fired up once again and a sweep of us would certainly help their cause. They've got some good athletes that will give us fits - I predict a close one, 82-74 win.

Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        I think this is a pretty good observation. Temple is not UConn. They've had some really good wins and are on the cusp. They will come to play. But this is why we joined the American, isn't it?

Per Sully:

Time for trivia:
      Q: Why is Temple's mascot an Owl?

A: Temple was founded in 1884 as a night school "for ambitious young people." It adopted the nocturnal bird to honor those beginnings.

And now I know.

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        ..........the REST of the story.

Had no idea. Interesting...I did not know that.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Release The Shaqqen 88
        Bubo the Owl 68
        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
        - said no one ever...

Comment

HCGM said he has four days to prepare, and we’ll be ready for Temple. He said in such a way that was verrry convincing.

Comment

Semajiana Jones 85
            Temple of Doom 72

Comment

We absolutely, positively, must win this game to stay relevant in the national conversation. Losing to Cincinnati at their borrowed barn will not be the end of the world, if that happens, but another two game schneid is no bueno. They are playing for their tournament lives. This will not be an easy game. I think we win pulling away late.

I like to mix Yiddish with my Spanish. I am multicultural in this way.

Take a look at Temple's schedule and some of their midseason losses are real headscratchers when compared to some of their big wins. They are far and away a better squad than UCF or Memphis.
              Last edited by BOBB; February 13, 2018, 10:56 AM.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

85 to 68 Shoxs revenge
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Quotalbles: Marshall Previews Temple

Wichita State's six seniors are inching closer to the end. Head coach Gregg Marshall talked about leadership and legacies during his weekly press conference, Tuesday afternoon, and looked ahead to Thursday's rematch with a Temple team that beat the Shockers in overtime earlier this month in Philadelphia.

Comment

Wish I could be there to cheer the team on. We need the crowd pissed off and loud because of how the last Temple game went down, and we need to bury these guys. No prediction, but I want a thrashing.

Comment

I'm going to have extra tickets for tomorrow's game. Hopefully you know the drill by now. I don't know exactly yet but it could be 1,2 or 3 combos. Hate to see them unused. PM me if interested.

Comment

Line opens at WSU -13.

Comment

Feel like crap, need to get better fast

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I'm going to have extra tickets for tomorrow's game. Hopefully you know the drill by now. I don't know exactly yet but it could be 1,2 or 3 combos. Hate to see them unused. PM me if interested.
                            You able to pull some strings and send out that Shocker Private plane? Would love to be the user of a couple of those extra tickets!!! Plus I could return the nice gesture you did for me in Vegas many moons ago and this time buy YOU a Shocker shirt!!! :)
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• WuDrWu
                              WuDrWu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm afraid I don't have the pulleys and cables to make that happen. Can you believe that was just over 11 years ago?
                          Working...
                          X