Section 119

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 119

Does anyone have the 411 on why police keep pulling people out of the crowd (in the above named section)?
    The Assman

Probably over-razzing the visitor's bench.

Comment

The UCONN visitors looked like they were quietly keeping to themselves, almost in a resigned manner with respect to the state of their program.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing myself?

Comment

We were in 119 tonight, but we’re reasonably well-behaved, and avoided any interactions with Security.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Probably over-razzing the visitor's bench.
            If that’s why, that’s not good. Its one thing to stand constantly, scream encouragement to our team, and harass referee calls but it’s another to harass the opponents fans and bench, unless the opponents coach is annoying like Billy Tubbs used to be. Lol

Comment

I remember giving Tony Barone (Johnny Salami) hell back in the day.

Comment

Bump because my wife was super curious and I’d like to deliver a good story to her.

Comment

I don't know the answer to that particular question, but there was some person that was sounding out with a very shrill, ear-piercing whistle the entire game and it was coming from that direction. I'm sure it had nothing to do with anyone being removed by security, but I really wish, if he MUST use that annoying whistle, that he do so relatively SELDOM and at times when it might do the most good.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    I don't know the answer to that particular question, but there was some person that was sounding out with a very shrill, ear-piercing whistle the entire game and it was coming from that direction. I'm sure it had nothing to do with anyone being removed by security, but I really wish, if he MUST use that annoying whistle, that he do so relatively SELDOM and at times when it might do the most good.
                    You mean like during opposing team free throw attempts?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There was one rather inebriated fan who had to be taken out. And some ladies who were asked to come out and write statements as to his actions. No big deal.

Comment

Lots of drunks at the game last night and not just in 119. Saturday night games I guess. On the lockeroom show they talk about the refs missed a dirt play by a UCONN player and they were really yelling bad stuff at the player and the player kind of needling them thus the fans got out of hand and were removed.
                        If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You mean like during opposing team free throw attempts?
                          Oh, a friend of yours. I believe I did say "when it might do the most good." I honestly believe you would argue or comment about anything. This character was doing it ALL the time and it was irritating. I love it when the crowd gets going and it's noisy. I just don't like grandstanding and that it what it felt like most times.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post

Oh, a friend of yours. I believe I did say "when it might do the most good." I honestly believe you would argue or comment about anything. This character was doing it ALL the time and it was irritating. I love it when the crowd gets going and it's noisy. I just don't like grandstanding and that it what it felt like most times.
                            He was not doing it all the time. He was only doing it during opposing free throw attempts.

Get your hearing aids some new batteries or something. They might be whizzing out.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• atlwsu
                              atlwsu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Never wear your hearing aids to a ballgame or in a car full of grandkids

Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
                            Lots of drunks at the game last night and not just in 119. Saturday night games I guess. On the lockeroom show they talk about the refs missed a dirt play by a UCONN player and they were really yelling bad stuff at the player and the player kind of needling them thus the fans got out of hand and were removed.
                            I thought I saw one of our guys get hit in the face under that basket, but it happened so quickly.......

Comment

Working...
                            X