WSU Versus UConn Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus UConn Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal? The Shocks bring home the bacon on a must win tonight by cleaning glass, sharing the rock, and under 10 turnovers (8) which always is key.. Coach Marshall just said we played 30 minutes of solid Shocker basketball and that helps us sleep like a baby, bay bay. We are now 8-3 in the AAC after facing some spotty rough sticker patches along the way. We should finish strong and rock out some 'play angry action' again like hungry hyenas'. While missing the usual Shaq attack tonight, the dynamic trio of Austin, LS, and Willis was paramount. While all the Muckety Muks' picked the Shocks to win this AAC, our foes have some different ideas. However, it's never over until it's over and the Shocks come back to home sweet home to play them Huskies.

In late Dec. the Shocks did defeat UConn on the cold and lonely road. In that contest the score was 72-62. LS was our leader scoring 16 points and 6 assists. Jalen Adams and Terry Larrier both scored 18 points and Adams added 6 assists. How did we win? UConn only shot 18.8 from 3-point land and 38.7 on FG % which helped. Right now, they have lost 2 games in a row to Temple and UCF and are 11-12 and 4-6 as they will play USF Wed. The Shocks in our road win over UConn outrebounded them by 13 but had 14 turnovers while only going 4-12 on the charity stripe. Yes, the Shocks work on throws, but I'll hang up and listen anyway.

In this home game, look for Mr. Frankamp, LS, and Austin to combine for 49 of our 79 points as we win by the number on LS Shocker jersey. Shaq will get a double/double and Willis will stay on task as witnessed tonight. I enjoyed his 'kick out assist pass' for a key Shocker 3-pointer and how aggressive and effective he is from around 12 to 15 feet on in. The closer in, the better we like it. Coser in, the Shocks are bound to win.

Huskies-----------------------68

Mount Shaqattackmore--79
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 6, 2018, 11:18 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

"How much is that little doggie in the window"? "Not much, its a husky." - 65
    "Who let the Hyenas out?" "Coach Marshall!" - 83

Go Shockers!!!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Shocks by 18
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

shockers 92
        uconn 61

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
          UCONN_Husky commented
          Editing a comment
          Close...

More to Comes 92
          Has Beens 53

• SHOCKvalue
          SHOCKvalue commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope UCONN doesn’t end up as a has-been. That’s not why we joined up.

Kemba Walker 71

Fred VanVleet 89

Comment

uconn2.png
          Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

This is a game we should easily win at home. I'd like to see CF shoot at LEAST ten threes in this
            game if not more. Only way out of a shooting slump is to keep shooting until you get a couple so
            he needs to take every open three and his team mates need to look for him. His recapturing his
            confidence is important to the longer term success of the team. MM needs to be more aggresive
            in attacking the basket. To date, he hasn't shot well either and seems hesitant to attack the rim.
            He won't even play over seas unless he improves both. Shocks 84-63

Comment

This will be my first trip to the roundhouse this year so I'm pretty stoked for this one. I think the fellas are starting to get a feel for the league and will be building on the positives, getting back to the disciplined, play angry formula.

Shocks 83
              Huskies 68

Comment

This is going to be a rout. National TV, Saturday afternoon, UConn, doesn't get much better than that. I know UConn isn't as good as they should be, but crowd will bring their A-game for this one.

Comment

2011 NCAA champs 64
                  2011 NIT champs 84
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Student tickets sold out as of earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      "How much is that little doggie in the window"? "Not much, its a husky." - 65
                      "Who let the Hyenas out?" "Coach Marshall!" - 83

Go Shockers!!!

:wsu_posters:
                      I think the "Hyenas" bit needs to be retired. I haven't seen much hyena in these guys yet. A few show dogs, some "gun shy" hunters, and a cur or two. I'd settle for a pack of dingoes or some JYDs.

Nevertheless, we have more bite than the Huskies and Ollie's seat is about to get very uncomfortable.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                        GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'd settle for a pack of pissed off chihuahuas. At least they'd make some noise. LOL

Mostly joking there...but this team is far from any kind of intimidating canine breed.

FSF. I love the confidence in CF you have. You need to rub some of that on him. I’m afraid he may need a psychiatrist right now. Really fragile it seems.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                        forevershockerfan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the kind words Shocktoberfest. We all know Conner is in a slump but yet we have Not heard the last of him yet IMO. We are coming into the crux of Season and will be happy for him and our beloved Shocks because we need his production and I have a gut feeling he will get hot when we need it the most. While CF and LS were struggling, Austin steps up to the pump and has 3-20 point + games in a row.

Shaq had problems last night and Willis helped filled in the voids. MM is also going to get his game revved up and I'm hoping all these players really jell together at the crucial moments in the big games the Shocks have left before them in Feb., March, and we long for April too if all goes as we dream.

We have 6 Seniors and 4 other players and collectively we may just be the most experienced team in the Country this Season. Even so, this is a Season where there are at least 20 different teams that are rock steady capable to go far if they get hot when it counts the most. Our Shocks are one such team.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I think the "Hyenas" bit needs to be retired. I haven't seen much hyena in these guys yet. A few show dogs, some "gun shy" hunters, and a cur or two. I'd settle for a pack of dingoes or some JYDs.

Nevertheless, we have more bite than the Huskies and Ollie's seat is about to get very uncomfortable.
                      He about gone. Thank goodness.
                      Ollie led the 2014 national championship run but has missed the Big Dance three times

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        This is a game we should easily win at home. I'd like to see CF shoot at LEAST ten threes in this
                        game if not more. Only way out of a shooting slump is to keep shooting until you get a couple so
                        he needs to take every open three and his team mates need to look for him. His recapturing his
                        confidence is important to the longer term success of the team. MM needs to be more aggresive
                        in attacking the basket. To date, he hasn't shot well either and seems hesitant to attack the rim.
                        He won't even play over seas unless he improves both. Shocks 84-63
                        I don't see it the same. If Connor gets a good look he should take the shot. If he has a teammate with a better look he needs to get the ball to them. If he takes a few shots and misses as badly as he did against Memphis and let's say Landry and Austin are stroking it well he needs to concentrate on setting Landry and Austin up for as many shots as possilbe. He can put up all the shots he want in the gym to try to regain his confidence and his feel. At this point he looks to me like he has no confidence or feel with his shot. At some point opponents are going back off him a bit to focus on Landry and Austin. Connor should let the game flow dictate what shots he takes. If he gets hot then he can be more aggressive.

I think a lot Markis' poor plays are when he tries to attack the basket. Doesn't mean he can't do it on occassion but so far in his career (not just this year) he has not shown great ability to attack the rim. His best work around the basket IMHO comes when he is aggressive on the offensive boards. I would like to see Markis develop a strong mid-range game. He can still take the occassional three when he is open and on balance but if he could develop a mid-range game especially one where he pulls up off of penetration I think he could be very effective. He could also be very effective in the middle of a lot of the zones the Shocks have seen this year. Whether or not he even gives a thought to working on a mid-range games is hard to say but he seems to be mostly interested in hanging out at the 3 point line or trying to force his way to the basket.

Hopefully, both of them figure out how they can best contribute to the team and overcome some their current challenges. Obviously, that would be great help to the Shocks. Not sure how long Austin can continue to do what he is doing before becoming a marked man. But clearly Austin is getting some things figured out.

Comment

Working...
                        X