No announcement yet.

Official Shocks vs Tigers Game These

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better effort. This version tonight wouldn't beat cincy but we're getting closer.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Austin Reaves has arrived. Many of us already knew that, but now everybody does. He will not give up the starting spot.

Comment

• Willis was great when he played around the goal. Brown with 4 steals. I wish McDuffie could figure it out.

Comment

• Austin will be starting the rest of the year. I hope Conner finds some MOJO down the stretch.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• 18-5 with 2 home games forthcoming. 20-5 likely.

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• I can't figure out what has happened to Nurger and Conner lately? both seem to be lost and moving down the depth chart the wrong way.

Comment

• asiseeit
                asiseeit commented
                Editing a comment
                Nurger not playing badly. Had just one defensive lapse that I saw last last
                night other than that very solid. Connor struggling shooting but everything else
                pretty good. Most all players go through shooting slumps but would agree
                this has been a bad one for CF. Hope he doesn't get shy. We need to win
                next couple games BIG and encourage CF to shoot his way out of it. MM is
                the one I can't figure out. Not doing anything well offensively inside or out.

• bighouse
                bighouse commented
                Editing a comment
                Everything else pretty good for connor? Dude can not defend, at all. The score when the wrong way when he was in, by about 16.

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              Austin will be starting the rest of the year. I hope Conner finds some MOJO down the stretch.
              I just want him to hit 1 shot. Just 1. I don't care if it's a freaking layup.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We won by 20. Closed tremendously. Cinci won by 14 there. Idk if I agree with the “this effort gets us blown out by Cinci sentiment.

Took steps forward today.

Comment

• I saw what I wanted to see. Slumps ended defense was improved. one thing I did notice though, most of the time are Shockers we're not sitting down in their defensive stance. They would stand almost completely upright with their knees barely bent is this why we are having trouble defending the dribble-drive? That's a sure way to get beat off the dribble by standing up straight.

Comment

• Thought we played a decent 30 minutes tonight. The last 7-8 minutes were about as good as we’ve played in the last few weeks. Winning on the road is tough and Memphis is tough at home, so good win tonight. Little concerned with our guard depth right now. Shamet has to be Shamet, we all know he needs to play well for us to make a run in March. Reeves is coming into his own, but we need Conner to get out of his funk, I know he’s struggling over the last 4-5 games and he’s lost confidence. Even when Conners off his shot looks good, but not lately. We need him to get his confidence back because I have no faith in SHJ right now and neither does Marshall. We have others who’s games are a bit off but our depth covers that up. But we all know to make a run in March, guard play( point ) is essential.

Comment

• We will definitely take that performance as a great step in the right direction. Still a couple guys are playing in a fog right now, but they will figure it out.

We seemed to run some new stuff... especially in the first half.

As other said, take away that three minute stretch and this game is a laugher.

Comment

• LS and AR carried us. Nice game by DW also. Thought ZB's defense was much better tonight.
                        Obviously Conner is struggling with his shot but he played well aside from that. A steal, two
                        assists in thirteen minutes and zero turnovers as usual. RN had one defensive lapse but solid
                        the rest of the time as usual. If we ever get CF and MM back to form we won't be anyone is going
                        to want to play in March. Also thought GM had the team ready to play and coached a great game.

Comment

• Defense finally above Creighton in KenPom

Comment

• Didn't get to watch (don't have CBS SN). From what I've gathered here, there were many more positives than we've seen recently...but still more growth needed to top Cincy. Is this accurate?

I wish we could get more than two guys going at one time though. Seems like its really always two at a time...not three or four, just two. LOL

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                              ShockdaWorld commented
                              Editing a comment
                              We had 4 guys in double figures and 2 with 20. I’m pretty ok with that.

• Other than one bad stretch in the second half, I'm pretty happy with how we played. Don't understand whats going on with MM. Maybe the draft projections are getting to him so he's trying to do too much on the offensive end of the floor? He looked good defensively. He didn't play much, but I'm not sure where his minutes are going to come from now. ZB had a great defensive game and seems to be trending upwards. RK is too valuable to not start and give minutes. Willis is playing better than MM.

Comment

Working...
                            X