Official #17 Wichita State vs Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Power Outlet View Post
    Agree with the post earlier saying the 'You Still Suck' chant needs to go away-- ESPECIALLY when directed at a former Shocker.

Come on students,: you guys are great but that needs to stop.
    So what do you want them to replace it with?

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Why do we seem to have trouble making shots at home? Just asking.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• So what do you want them to replace it with? ( I don't know how to do quotes on here)

How about nothing ? Pretty sure GM said he didn't like it on a coaches show a couple of years ago, so I'll side with him on this one.

Comment

• ESPN Coverage: http://broadband.espn.go.com/video/clip?id=22245149

Comment

• nm
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Then you should like (make that love) this video with Mike Kennedy on the call:

https://twitter.com/GoShockersMBB/st...75010857558016

Austin deflected a lot of credit for his hot streak to his teammates getting him the ball in good position to shoot and rightly so.

He was assisted as follows:
              1. Conner
              2. Rashard
              3. Landry (Nice screen from Zach)
              4. Zach (Nice screen from Rashard)
              5. Markis
              6. Rashard
              7. Landry

Not sure if they gave an asssit on #4. Zach passed the ball from the left wing back towards the left shoulder of the arc. Rashard set a screen and Austin took one dribble to his left and hit the shot from the top of the key. The sequence on that possession was: Shaq right wing to Landry at the right shoulder, to Austin at the left shoulder, to Zach on the left wing, to Austin on the left shoulder, Rashard sets screen, Austin one dribble and scores. That was pretty basketball.
              I've watched this video about 20 times. Seeing him and the team go crazy after that last shot was awesome.

Also, don't really care about Henderson that much. Yes, former Shocker, but its not like he is friendly to the program. He constantly talked trash during both games we played them in this year. I get that he might be bitter that he didn't get minutes here, but that's bush league.

The only time I don't like the "you still suck" chant is when we're losing. The SMU game, for example, Milton was at the line late in the game with 30 points and people still did the chant. Same with Trae Young.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I've watched this video about 20 times. Seeing him and the team go crazy after that last shot was awesome.

Also, don't really care about Henderson that much. Yes, former Shocker, but its not like he is friendly to the program. He constantly talked trash during both games we played them in this year. I get that he might be bitter that he didn't get minutes here, but that's bush league.

The only time I don't like the "you still suck" chant is when we're losing. The SMU game, for example, Milton was at the line late in the game with 30 points and people still did the chant. Same with Trae Young.
                How about substituting "That was LUCK-EE" in sing-songy fashion.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• WheatShock
                  WheatShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like it.

• Ok so if they are former shockers, I say we just make some noise. But if they not. We should just get in their mind and say "Miss it" repeatedly. As for giving props to former shockers that don't talk crap about our coach or team should be respected. If not forget it.

Comment

• Some one asked me if there was anything on SN about anyone being upset that GM did not insert Conner more often to give him more chances to keep his streak alive. I told him I had seen nothing on here but I told him "He had many opportunities when he was in and couldn't do it then"

Comment

• jdshock
                    jdshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    On the broadcast, the announcers had a conversation about whether CF should've been put back in when WSU was up by 10 or 15 to see if he could keep the streak going. I wouldn't have been unhappy if HCGM put him back in to try to keep it going, but I definitely would've thought it was out of character.

In the 2016-17 season, Steph Curry snapped a much longer 3 pt streak in November 2016. The next game, he hit 13 three pointers, so maybe CF will react the same way. https://www.basketball-reference.com...611070GSW.html

• Eh. Former Shocker or not, if a kid comes to out barn and pulls that Kyle Weems type ****, all bets are off.
                  Last edited by Eric; January 30, 2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Shocker-maniac
                    Shocker-maniac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed - the students can yell you still suck all day at him as far as I’m concerned.

BTW, I’m not even a fan of that chant.

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Eh. Former Shocker or not, if a kid comes to out barn and pulls that Jyle Weems type ****, all bets are off.
                  Agreed. I thought Henderson acted like a punk ***** in both games. He jawed a lot and had a lot of bench staredowns.

I hope he enjoyed all of his points and the two big fat L’s that went along with them.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I see AR taking minutes from CF. Same shot with much greater defensive abilities.
                    Last edited by BostonWu; January 30, 2018, 09:40 AM. Reason: change shit to shot

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
                      SHOCKvalue commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How do I like an edit explanation?

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    I see AR taking minutes from CF. Same shot with much greater defensive abilities.
                    He might but I think that minutes are a game time decision depending on who is having more success. We need for both of our other guards to get their offensive mojo back to be successful. If you noticed, the play at just before half was with Austin being the decoy and Conner taking the 3 point shot from the corner. I'm sure that Gregg hopes to have all of his options available because it makes him a better coach and the Shox a better team.

Comment

• I'd go so far and say Austin is better at playing the passing lanes than just about anyone on our team. I'd put AR, MM and Rashard as top 3.

Comment

• If Henderson is in the habit of trash talking opposing team benches, there was more than PT working against his having a successful career at WSU.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                        X