X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    This place is on serious edge.

You'd figure we're 4-15 right now.
    All the people straight freaking out are bandwagon fans who love it when we're winning but b!tch like crazy when we lose one or two games. Us true fans know that a two loss skid isn't the end of the world. Now if we start to pull a season changer like we did back in 06-07 then yeah its time so start freaking the F out. Not after two losses though. I got faith in our boys and HCGM that things will turn around!
    Shocker Alumni
    Shocker Club Soccer alumni
    Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

1. As of right now I think LS is kind of on the bubble as a first rounder. If he stays he could get some
      valuable time at the two guard next season which I think is where he will play at the next level. As
      for GM's comment I don't want to try and read anything in to it or make any uneducated speculations.
      2. He did mention something I have alluded to a couple times regarding RK and ZB although he was
      just talking about RK and that is that teams are sagging on him ( I think ZB, as well ) and clogging up
      the paint in order to play help defense and double. He spoke highly of AR and his improvement
      regarding turnovers
      3. He was not happy with the level of toughness in the Houston game and suggested starting today
      practices were going to be tougher. Hope it only takes a couple to get the message across and that
      AR doesn't get banged up again.

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
        ShockerDropOut commented
        Editing a comment
        To add to your point about toughness. Coach also stated he was disappointed in how the team as a whole went for loose balls against Houston. He said they practiced that on Monday. Everyone had a chance to go for loose balls. He also said he was not going to worry about injuries in practice as much as he had. That he and the coaching staff had been going a little easier on the guys due to injury and illness. I would imagine that practice was brutal on Monday. I think by him being more active in every day coaching that there will be a new level of toughness going forward.

So we have dipped under the radar a bit. I like it down here. We perform better from this vantage point.

Comment

I am in the camp that hopes Landry shows the skills to make him draftable. It would mean he has played at the level we need him to be at to win.

MM has to work on his handles and coordination IMO. He looks clumsy at times.

I am also not fearing high turnover after this year. Next year may be rough, but the talent level next year is going to be a sight we havent seen yet. We are transforming into an AAC team with next years class.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Also would rarher have a few hiccups now, regroup and play our best basketball end of February and March.

But, we need to hold serve at home, including Cincy.

Go Shox.

Making conference races fun again.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Cleanthony Early was a 2nd rounder. Neither Landry nor Markis are as NBA ready as Cle was. Fred and Ron were both undrafted. Landry has the benefit of length (for a guard) and youth , but he’s not a first rounder if they think he’s an NBA point guard. I personally think he needs another year in college to work on some skills. Markis will not be drafted this year or next, he just hasn’t made the strides necessary to be ready for the NBA. Don’t mean to be negative but both these guys should come back. If something happens and Landry starts playing like Trae Young, things could change for him.

Comment

• jdshock
            jdshock commented
            Editing a comment
            I mostly agree with you, but Landry and MM don't need to be as NBA ready as Cle was. Landry is 20 for a couple more months and MM is even younger. To be first rounders, they both need to be more NBA ready than they are currently, but they do have age going for them.

Every draft board I've seen has Landry as last or next to last in the first round. I don't think he is leaving. He hasn't performed well against a top level guard since the Kentucky game. I especially cant imagine Mcduffie leaving early, at least for the NBA.

Comment

A friend of mine called me and asked me who I thought were the guys with either a girlfriend in another city and who wasn't getting the playing time . I asked where is this coming from. Gregg Marshall he replied. It was on his show. I listened and for all I could tell that was a real generic statement about what could happen and was absolutely not specific to any player. I think several on here are sounding like cretin fans and saying we can't compete with these guys because we recruited at a mvc talent level and now we are up a weight class. We need to weed out the weak and recruit new players. Wrong. We recruited up a weight class and thats why we were dominant in the mvc. These games will show at what level our Shox have to play at to be successful in post season and we lack anger right now. Got smacked and didn't respond. It's still a process but it's not the part of the season where you lose you go home and wait till next year. Everyone needs to step back from the brink that they think they are staring into.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              cretin fans
              Is this a new team?

Comment

• pogo
                pogo commented
                Editing a comment
                no it's a group that is used to not have anything to do after the first weekend of the ncaa tournament.

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
              I haven't listened. But it sounds horrible. I get bad mojo when I say how the coach acts on this show.
              "I haven't listened. But it sounds horrible" The most dumb*ss post of the year. But hey it's only January.

Comment

If you haven't ever listened to the show, I'd recommend doing so before reading comments here. You can make anything sound negative through text.
                "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                  Every draft board I've seen has Landry as last or next to last in the first round. I don't think he is leaving. He hasn't performed well against a top level guard since the Kentucky game. I especially cant imagine Mcduffie leaving early, at least for the NBA.
                  The reason we have talent that is on par with AAC teams is that we have been weeding out sub par talant for years. This year will be no different than any other year in the Marshall era, if we are able to recruit a more talented player than the one on our roster with less talent will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Keyser would seem, to me at least, to be the most obvious and likely reference, by far.

Not that I want him to leave. Been excited to see his potential develop before he even donned a Shocker uni.
                    Thus far I see an athlete with limited basketball skills and off court issues we're not privy to. I suppose there's still time.

Comment

• Topshock
                      Topshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Trust me, he has no off court issues at this time and time proved he never did.

I said we're not privy to. I still see very athletic player with limited basketball skills.

Comment

This was about as mundane as a weekly show could be after falling ten spots in the AP. Other than specific comments on recent play everything else was generic.

Watch the video and it truly comes across as a vanilla interview.

Comment

Working...
                      X