Gregg Marshall Show - 01/22/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Gregg made a comment that the preseason rankings and hype might have skewed expectations or misrepresented what this team is capable of. That’s not something I wanted to hear, but it’s probably right. I kind of hope I misunderstood him.
    Personally, I thought we were ranked too high pre-season. Other side of the coin is that I thought they would be playing better as a unit by this time, particularly given the years playing together.

Comment

You should listen, not as bad as it’s being made out

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        I don’t think it’s hard to guess who that is. There’s basically only 2 or 3 guys who even could fit and one of them in particular seems obvious

heres the list of contributors who could return next season: Shamet, McDuffie, Reaves, Haynes jones, Keyser and mitgaard. You do the math...
        Ok so who are we thinking?? We all know the possibility is at least decent that LS goes (and he should if he's a projected 1st rounder).

I can't see a transfer making any sense for the 4th player mentioned. That leaves #'s 2, 3, 5, & 6. If we are thinking it could be 2 or 3 that's a gut punch. 6 wouldn't be much better.

Comment

Keyser would seem, to me at least, to be the most obvious and likely reference, by far.

Not that I want him to leave. Been excited to see his potential develop before he even donned a Shocker uni.

Comment

Is Keyser considered a contributor?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The show plays at 9 p.m. on channel 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Is Keyser considered a contributor?
                If we’re defining “contributor” as someone who receives playing time, then yes.

Comment

"and he's not the only one that might not be back, there's other kids that might not be back"

"that's pretty evident that we need some more players next year"
                  Last edited by pinstripers; January 22, 2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I think you guys are blowing his comments out of proportion. I took his comments to mean the same thing he has said a dozen other times about recruiting. We have a non-senior or two leave every year. Happens every single year. Recruting never stops. That's all he's saying.

Comment

• Shocker-maniac
                      Shocker-maniac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, that’s exactly what he was saying. People on Shockernet need to slow down, take a deep breath, and stop blowing everything out proportion. Sheesh . . .

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                    I think you guys are blowing his comments out of proportion. I took his comments to mean the same thing he has said a dozen other times about recruiting. We have a non-senior or two leave every year. Happens every single year. Recruting never stops. That's all he's saying.
                    That is also what I took from his comments. Also stated that he was going to coach more and recruit less.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• shock
                      shock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank god.

This place is on serious edge.

You'd figure we're 4-15 right now.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      This place is on serious edge.

You'd figure we're 4-15 right now.
                      Just now coming to terms with the fact that we’re a borderline top 25 team instead of a borderline top 5 team.

Comment

When it comes to guys transferring at the end of the year, the only thing that's concerned me is who the second guy leaving would be. If there's less than two, I'll be surprised.

Comment

We're on uncharted territory. We lost two conference games in a row for the first time in ages. Many are freaking out. Fact is, it's hard to win on the road, especially against tough teams like Houston, who were likely pissed off for getting punched in the mouth very recently by us.
                        Last edited by ShockAzs; January 22, 2018, 11:22 PM. Reason: Typo King

Comment

• Shocker85
                          Shocker85 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The AAC is not the MVC. Do people not get that?

Shocker85
                        #29.1

Shocker85 commented
                        20 minutes ago

The AAC is not the MVC. Do people not get that?
                        There were several WSU posters who went on the AAC board over summer and stated flat out that WSU's second unit could finish in the top half of the AAC. Only one of them is not an active poster on this board.

So, to answer your question, no, (some) people do not get that.

Comment

• shoxrox89
                          shoxrox89 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          All that huffing and puffing that coldblooded and others do on that board is just flat out embarrassing. They need to understand that we are not the 91 unlv team. Stay humble or look stupid.
                      Working...
                      X