No announcement yet.

WSU vs SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that was rough to watch. Kelly and Brown are like worse versions of Tekele in offense and defense. The team needs someone to step up. bad, bad, bad.

Comment

• We will have a Target no matter what
      "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• Welcome to the AAC. We may lose 2 or 3 more in conference play.
        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• HCGMs defense really works when you have a Tekele Cotton. This team lacks grit. This team has Shaq written all over it.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Shocks did so many things wrong.
            Got down early.
            Had no answer for MIlton.
            Could never get over the hump. Would get close and then booted the ball away, threw a terrible pass, missed a good shot...and then found themselves down 7 or more——over and over and over.
            SMU knew how to use the clock.
            We had no flow.
            Too much forcing. Forced shots...forced passes. Wrong guys dribbling.
            MM is NOT playing well.
            You let a guy, no matter how good he is, score 33 in your house? Sagging off him on times?
            We have had too many of these games..and finally had one bite us.
            Didn’t play all that well against Tulsa.
            Played bad a good share of the game vs. ECU.
            Bad against UFGC
            Bad against Ark St.
            Bad against others—Dakota.
            SMU isn’t any of those teams.
            And yes, HCGM, you WERE outcoached.

Comment

• Can we please put to bed that Zach is a defensive stopper. He's been lit up by basically everybody's top scorer this year. Name a top player he has shut down. Yesterday, I watched the Utah game from two years ago and Zach looked really quick. This season he looks like he's running in mud. Maybe he's hurt, but if he can't play lock down D, McDuffie should be starting at the three now. It's like Zach is playing in slow motion. He's an offensive liability because the ball sticks when he gets it and he's too unreliable as a shooter. The problem is Zach is getting lit up early and these guys like Milton and Taplin get a rhythm and can't be stopped the rest of the game.
              The other thing is our post guys are a disaster guarding ball screens. Maybe it's the competition, but it seemed they were much better at this last season.
              Last edited by Zubcut; January 17, 2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• lmor1971
                lmor1971 commented
                Editing a comment
                Couldnt agree more. I have full respect for GM but the fact of the matter is zach is as good as he will get. MM will only shake the rust off with more minutes and jas way more upside.

• We are the new kid on the block and everyone's Super Bowl in a more talented league. A much tougher row to hoe.

Comment

• It's really baffling why we are struggling at home. We escaped Tulsa, got smoked by SMU, I really, really hope this two game stretch is the proverbial low point of the season.

Comment

• Need to find out Play Angry again and 3Gs needs to find his next ACCJ.
                  The Assman

Comment

• MOVE. OFFENSE AND DEFENSE. WE AR PLAYING SUBURBAN HORSE, AND STANDING AROUND ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.

Comment

• SMU was very prepared and executed their game plan all night long. Every time we got close, Shake would rattle our roll with his career scoring night. SMU has little depth but that did not even slow them down tonight. We l better beat them there but it won't be easy. We wanted a tougher schedule and we go it. In the end, it is bound to help us continue to get better. The game at Houston will be no cake-walk either.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I only saw Shocker intensity the last 4-5 minutes if the game... When we started to come back. We gotta bring it every game, plain and simple.

Shamet played really good, but again maybe not aggressive enough? Can't lay blame on anybody, but we need him to step up and be that star that can dominate.

Comment

• The last few games have the same MO. Standing around too much on offense and defense...keep waiting until the end to pull it out. We get a hand in the face of their main shooter, but let others shoot wide open - still need a hand in their faces either way. Very little body/ball movement until we press full court. Our defense is NOT one of the best in the country.

Comment

• ****kkkk we suck !!! Play some ****ing D behind the arc please!!!! I wanna ****ing shox someone right now!!!

Comment

• One guy always going off. I think we have reached the point we can quit calling it coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X