No announcement yet.

Houston Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We enjoyed the quick trip to Houston, in spite of the loss. We met some good Shocker fans that live in the Houston area including Logan Hoch's aunt (former Shocker baseball player). The traffic through Dallas and Houston was absolutely horrible but we survived it. It took longer going back than going as there were some accidents in Dallas that brought traffic to a complete stop. We got to get our fill of Whataburger and Waffle House and we stocked up with lots of Dr. Pepper made with Imperial pure cane sugar.

The TSU campus was nice and impressive. We parked at the UH football stadium and took the free shuttle to the game. We noticed it wasn't that far, so we walked back to our car after the game. It gave us a chance to see the campus and area up close. Their law school is named after Thurgood Marshall and one of their other schools is named after Barbara Jourdan. The UH football stadium is also pretty impressive, I imagine their new renovated basketball arena is going to pretty nice when it is finished.

Comment

Very impressive showing of Shocker fans on ESPN. Great way to represent to everyone who made it to the game.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Good time even with the loss, would’ve been a great one with a win. Met Elvin Hayes, visited with Rob Gray and Antoine after the game and met a Houston police officer by the name of Milt Stephenson who just happened to be an all Big 12 offensive tackle under Bill Snyder. Lots of family in Wichita and very familiar with the area. A mountain of a man with a great personality.
        Last edited by shoxlax; January 21, 2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

My best memory:

AC comes walking up the stairs early minutes in the second half after a very quick UH TO after winning a loose ball.

He gets everyone back up and we cut the lead back to 6. After they go on a many spurt to stretch back to 11, many sit down. A lady, very nice and standing but still cannot see over my boys to view the game, asks if we are going to sit back down. My son turns and points to AC and says “Not until the Big Dog says so”.

Unfortunately, about :45 later, AC turned, shrugged his shoulders, and sat down. Would have rather stood to celebrate our comeback but that didnt happen.

Comment

Drank a few beers and ate seafood in Houston and Galvetston. Sat behind Shoxlax at the game. Had a good time meeting people at the Alumni party at Chuys friday. Guy sitting next to me said he was born and raised in Great Bend and I said I was born in Hoisington. I believe his name was Steckline. Great to see AC try and get the crowd into the game in the second half. Good time surrounded by all my new friends.

Comment

I got this email from the Houston Athletic Dept when I got home. It says in celebration of their win over us, you can buy tickets to ANY remaining home game for $5: http://uhouston.fan-one.com/nl/jsp/m...ea3e3952bf145c

Comment

So will thy pay for my flight down and back

Comment

Honestly that seems pretty cool. It’s way better than Groupon deals that we’ve seen from big east schools...

Comment

Working...
                  X