Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...d9005e513.html

Marshall quoted as saying Reynolds Center almost looked like Koch Arena South!
    Someone jumped my ass on here 2 years ago, blaming me for a Shocker loss, when I suggested that. LOL!
    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
      Tulsa played well and hard. They did charge into Kelly and instead got a 3. On their last made 3, I thought the passer stepped out of bounds dribbling before the shooter got the pass and the 3. Two big breaks for them but the Shockers prevailed!!!!!!!
      I thought the same thing when I saw it live, but I was sitting a long ways from where it happened. When I got home and watched the replay, I am sure he stepped out. Definitely a huge break for TU. I am glad everything worked out for us.

Comment

• Didn't play our best but they grinded it out. CF usually hits them when we need them and he
        did again. Also another game with zero turnovers. RN with 22 solid minutes on both ends of
        the court. Rebounding was the difference.

Comment

• A post from a TU fan from the Tulsa Rivals board:
          TU played a great game. The last 7 minutes of the first half were a disaster though. Had WSU all around me, overall they were great fans and I enjoyed the in game conversation. I have been going to TU bball games for about 55 years and this is the first time I have ever seen the opponents have more fans than us. I think there must have been about 5,500 to 6,000 Shockers at the game. TU averaged their typical 2,000 + or - fans. Getting to the line and losing the offensive rebound number was the difference. Overall I thought the officiating was good. They made some bad calls both ways, I think they evened out. I am glad to have WSU back in the same league, they have always been my favorite rivalry game in bball. If Haith didn't know before, he now knows what type of players he has to recruit if he wants to win the AAC!

110 TU Sepp, Yesterday at 9:12 PM
          Last edited by shocker3; January 14, 2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Some more good posts from TU fans on the TU Rivals board about the rivalry:
            1. Loved the vibe tonight, thanks Wichita St. fans for bringing some life to the arena!

2 Gmoney4WW, Yesterday at 9:23 PM
            2. Absolutely!
              Bring that passion and aggressiveness the rest of the season and it’s going to be DAMN FUN!

3 Weatherdemon, Yesterday at 9:24 PM
              Gmoney4WW likes this.
            3. The energy in the arena tonight is what it used to be & what it should be again!

4 Tulsafanzz, Yesterday at 9:43 PM
            4. Gonna be a damn good rivalry in the conference.

5 TU65alum, Yesterday at 9:49 PM
            5. Gmoney4WWI.T.S. University President
              Havoc in the Heartland game #1 was a nice way to start it off.

6 Gmoney4WW, Yesterday at 10:06 PM
            6. I may have underestimated at 60/40... looks like 75/25 WSU right now.
              14 goldenhurricane2, Yesterday at 5:59 PM
            Last edited by shocker3; January 14, 2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Just remember, in the pit of WSU basketball apathy in the mid 90’s, we never got below an average of 7500 fans at games. We have something no other school can boast of or hope for in our fan base in the American, not even UCONN can boast that in there down years.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                When has UCONN ever been like we were in the 90s?

• wheathead
                wheathead commented
                Editing a comment
                WuDrWu, I would agree with that. And it backs up my post further.

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
              Just remember, in the pit of WSU basketball apathy in the mid 90’s, we never got below an average of 7500 fans at games. We have something no other school can boast of or hope for in our fan base in the American, not even UCONN can boast that in there down years.
              Agree with the main point of your post but our average dipped as low as 5,528 in 1995-96.

Comment

• wheathead
                wheathead commented
                Editing a comment
                Nm
                Last edited by wheathead; January 14, 2018, 09:35 AM. Reason: Wrong post

• wheathead
                wheathead commented
                Editing a comment
                I knew I d get nailed on a technicality.

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it is a different era of fandom... in the post internet & post iPad world i think it much harder to keep fans showing up when teams do not perform. There are just other ways to spend money and time on entertainment.

I see a lot of places in the B12 struggle with fans in the seats that didn’t have those problems in the 1990’s

• The ticky tack fouls inside (on both sides) were frustrating, especially early, but overall a great game. Or at least a good game with a great final 10 minutes or so

I'll eat some crow on writing Tulsa off as a team that could beat us right now. They definitely could have in this one shooting like that. Great to see Henderson play so well.

And Shocker fans as always traveling incredibly. Truly took over the opposing arena.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                Just remember, in the pit of WSU basketball apathy in the mid 90’s, we never got below an average of 7500 fans at games. We have something no other school can boast of or hope for in our fan base in the American, not even UCONN can boast that in there down years.
                Not to sound selfish, but I'm a little thankful for those down years. My family was certainly not the most well off... I remember my dad donating plasma pretty regularly before going grocery shopping.

If ticket prices were as expensive and in demand as they are now, I know we never would have gone to a single game. Those down years allowed dad to score us cheap seats to cheer on RS's squads. Looking back, going to those basketball and baseball games with my dad and brothers are some of the fondest memories of my life.

Think I'll call my dad now, and see how he's doing...

Comment

• wheathead
                  wheathead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s a great day to be a shocker!

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                Great to see Henderson play so well.
                Eh, not against us it didn't. And I don't think Marshall liked it either, since every time Henderson made a 3, he had to turn towards our bench and give Marshall a stare.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Rlh04d
                  Rlh04d commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eh, good for him either way. I might feel a bit differently if we lost, but I'm not going to hold it against him that he had a killer instinct against us.

Now if he had that killer instinct here, or in games it wasn't as easy to get up for, maybe he'd actually have had an impressive career. But there's still a lot of season left.

If we hit up Kansas in the Dance again, I certainly wouldn't feel bad about Frankamp going off and staring down Self, if he chose to.

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You might feel differently if we lost? You would be glad he played well enough to beat WSU?

• Rlh04d
                  Rlh04d commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, that's pretty clearly the exact opposite of what I said. I was glad he played well in a loss, and would feel differently if we lost.

For your sake, I hope you're (badly) trolling.

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

Agree with the main point of your post but our average dipped as low as 5,528 in 1995-96.
                yep, I was there

Comment

• wheathead
                  wheathead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So was I. I’ve often find it ironic that I had season tix every year of the 90’s half of that as a student. Now that I have 5 kids under 8 there’s no way I can catch more than one game per season. But technology allows me the abilities to stay connected with espn replays and shockernet discussions. Thanks again shockernetters!

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Eh, not against us it didn't. And I don't think Marshall liked it either, since every time Henderson made a 3, he had to turn towards our bench and give Marshall a stare.
                He did?! That's not a good look.

Comment

I hate to speak ill of former shocks, but that’s just soft.
                  Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

I missed that. Did he grab his nuts after both of his assists since it was 2 more assists than he had during his season here?

Comment

• wichshock65
                      wichshock65 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's funny

• Originally posted by bunck View Post

I missed that. Did he grab his nuts after both of his assists since it was 2 more assists than he had during his season here?
                    lol

Comment

Working...
                    X