No announcement yet.

Tulsa Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow.....That was simple survival. I never drink tequila, but if any night seemed appropriate, this could be it.
    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Tulsa looks pretty solid this year. They live by the 3 and they were hitting. Thought we played well in stretches. Life on the road, we needed a close one and got it from Tulsa

Comment

• Props to Tulsa for bringing it tonight. But just like Valley teams, they only think they have to bring it when they play WSU. Every other night they play like their normal selves.

Comment

• What Cdizzle would say. Kudos to Tulsa for bouncing back from an embarrassing loss at Houston. Tulsa played well and looks like a pretty good team. The Shocks didn't play their best but anytime you walk away with a road win you'll take it,

This game will do the Shocks more good by far than the blowouts over USF and ECU.

Comment

• Thought this could be tough ... was a battle. For those that think we needed to prepare for March, this was the "Welcome the AAC" game we were promised. I'll take the final score with the way we lost possessions, some to unforced TOs (Markis will get better, I promise) and to Higgins-ball. It wasn't our best nor our brightest but it was enough, and hopefully Tulsa will see what our best looks like in Wichita.

Comment

• They don't ask how...just how many. Add another W and move on.

Comment

• Road W.

Rinse. Repeat.

Comment

• Tough, tough game. Good to get the win against an inspired team on their home floor. Props to Tulsa. They had chances to fold the tents and go home but they fought back and had a chance to get it to OT at the end. Shocks survive and advance. It wasn't pretty, but it goes in the W column. I will take it.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

• Tulsa played well and hard. They did charge into Kelly and instead got a 3. On their last made 3, I thought the passer stepped out of bounds dribbling before the shooter got the pass and the 3. Two big breaks for them but the Shockers prevailed!!!!!!!
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• proshox
                      proshox commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I thought he was out as well

• Taplin was a beast. Much respect for him. CHJr got the shot he wanted and almost sent it to OT. Bless his heart. Shox found a way to overcome adversity on the road and won despite not playing particularly well. Sign of a good team if you ask me.
                    Announcer from Kentucky can bite me.
                    Last edited by shoxilla; January 13, 2018, 09:03 PM.
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

• I hope the engineers who designed that POS arena never hold another job.

Comment

• T'was a nail biter right down to the end. Great foul call at the very end preventing them from making a three.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
                          forevershockerfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was all for that Coaching move so I did not have to watch another 3-point shot clank around 3 times on the rim before slopping in. That clanker make was almost as painful as watching gymnastics while I have hot steam flowing out both ears. They were killin me smalls!!!!!!!

• Topshock
                          Topshock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thought it was a great coaching move with how Tulsa was shooting

• survive and advance, I guess

Comment

• Too many good leads lost in the second half. I believe there were 3 of them. Won't get away with that against the top half of the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            I hope the engineers who designed that POS arena never hold another job.
                            Just now getting on here. What was wrong with the arena?

Comment

• WheatShock
                              WheatShock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Takes forever to get out if it's anywhere near capacity.

• wufan
                              wufan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Not sure where WheatShock was sitting, but we were from our seats to the exterior of the building in less than 1 minute.
                          Working...
                          X