No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Tulsa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see DW and Jones play with their heads up a little more and see the court better. Ball
    seems to get stuck in their hands while others are making open back door cuts to the basket.
    I know DW is doing a lot of other things well but he does need to see his team mates better and
    give it up when they flash open in the paint. Hope SM and RN keep posting up strong and they
    get the ball when they do. Just keep playing 40 minutes of defense and take care of the ball and
    all will be fine. Now I think I'd like to see a little more Barney time. He could play some meaningful
    minutes next season. Shocks 81 - 67

Comment

Barney had his scoring record of 6 points and played well last night. That was nice to see. RN also played good yesterday. The quality overall depth on this squad is incredible.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        We win easily tomorrow is my gut. The only other prediction I will stand by is that unlike the last time we played there the Dreamlifter won't be landing at Jabara. That was crazy! Actually that was several times ago but you get my point.
        I was just thinking about that! 2013-14 season and a bunch of us were traveling home together and twitter started blowing up about the plane landing at the wrong airport.

Comment

Not a prediction, but Tulsa has a "Blueout" planned. It will be blue with a lot of yellow and black.
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Obviously a lot of history here which adds to the unknown. Both teams should be up for this game. And our Up should carry through to the end with at least a 15 point win.

Comment

I read somewhere earlier today that there was only about 800 tickets left for this game. You guys gonna turn their arena into Koch South or what? Lol. And/or just maybe the Tulsa folks wanna see this rivalry get going again in the same conference.

Either way...
              Koch South - 67
              Koch North - 83
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                I read somewhere earlier today that there was only about 800 tickets left for this game. You guys gonna turn their arena into Koch South or what? Lol. And/or just maybe the Tulsa folks wanna see this rivalry get going again in the same conference.

Either way...
                Koch South - 67
                Koch North - 83
                TU's website shows about 450 tickets left.

They are superbowling it and going all out to sell the place out. I'd bet that there will be a couple of thousand Shocker fans there too.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Tulsa likes to zone opponents so I predict a tight game at the half. Perhaps Tulsa even up by 5 or 6 and we'll all be dumbfounded why the Shox still can't figure out how to properly execute against the zone. The boyz will then make their usual second half adjustments after being the recipient of a few choice words by HCGM and end up winning by 9.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                    I'd bet that there will be a couple of thousand Shocker fans there too.
                    Awesome!!! Go Shocks!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

i think HCGM says they run a 1 2 2 zone

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                        Not a prediction, but Tulsa has a "Blueout" planned. It will be blue with a lot of yellow and black.
                        That is great. Their "Blue out" will help our Black and Gold Shocker fans stand out more.

Comment

This game won't even close 96-67

Comment

I predict that Landry won't foul out in 10 minutes this time.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                              Bluzrover commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Do you mean Shaq?

• bunck
                              bunck commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Landry's true freshman season, in the game we lost at Tulsa where Fred hurt himself, he fouled out in 10 minutes.

Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                            Brilliant planning on Tulsa's part, as that will represent polka-dots.

Comment

40 minutes of the old hell - 68
                              40 minutes of the new hell - 86

Go Shockers!!!

:bball_spin::poster_wsu:

Comment

Working...
                              X