WSU vs Houston Game Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    It was a MVC style beatdown. Not sure what that means after 2 games. Last 7 minutes would have been better if the right guys had shot the ball. Okay to get guys minutes but that doesn't mean the shooters don't get to shoot.
    Agreed. Shaq, Landry and Frankamp each had one shot in the second half! Kelly has to realize that he's standing all alone at the 3pt line for a reason. The other team is begging him to shoot that shot. That means the guys who can actually shoot aren't.
    I guess we're pretty spoiled if we're complaining after an 18 point beatdown of a top 40 team. I so miss those great days of Mike Cohen.
    Last edited by Zubcut; January 4, 2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• We can sometimes be too unselfish as a team. Our shooters knew the game was in the bag and they eased way off the pedal and let the other guys try to put up some points.

Comment

• Wow, that first half was the most impressive we’ve looked all year.

Happy to eat some post-Okie game crow if we continue this sort of performance.

Comment

• We played a great 30 minutes then Marshall started working some guys into the rotation that don’t get many minutes. Mitgard, Kyser, Nurger. We got out of rythem, Shamet, Conner And Shaq take one shot each second half. Pedal was taken off the gas, Coach said it was on him, but he said he was pleased with 33 minutes of the game. He said he was trying to give some guys some minutes because it had been awhile.

Comment

• Great first half on both ends. Then again for another 5 or 6 minutes and then it was kinda trade it back and forth. Over all it was the best offensive and defensive performance during that time that I have seen from out Shockers.

Comment

• I look at it as “hey guys look how good we looked for 33 minuets, and then how bad the last seven”. He’ll use this for sure, Kyser not ready for prime time, he had a nice drive then he started slinging bricks. Role players need to know there roles and who the shooters are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                Kelly has to realize that he's standing all alone at the 3pt line for a reason.
                Don't talk about our leading MTXE'r. Mr. Kelly will do as he pleases.

Comment

• I'm kind of happy the way the game turned out. I don't think Marshall wanted to give Sampson a 30-point beatdown in their first meeting. Putting Keyser and Midtgaard in with 8+ minutes left was an excellent way to hold the margin of victory to something less embarrassing for Houston.

Keyser kind of took on the "machine gun" role. I saw him pass the ball once. He had tried to drive and lost the handle. When he was able to corral the ball he had drawn a crowd and had to get rid of the ball. Other than that, if he touched it, he shot it.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Haynes,Kyser, Willis collectively 2-15. That will hurt the shooting percentage. Haynes still needs to figure out what a good shot is. He forces to much taking it to the basket. He hasn’t learned how to draw fouls like VanVleet could. Love his speed and quickness but he needs to play smarter.

Comment

• Great all around game = 75% less posting. Haha

We shot in the first half like others were shooting against us. Crazy. We took the pedal off the metal, but got valuable playing time for our deep bench against a tough Houston team.

Anybody else notice our defense is magically much better? Oh yeah we got McDuffie back. Maybe that has a lot to do with it.

Comment

• Can't play a perfect 40, especially when you're up 30 with 10 minutes to go and your deep bench is in. That was a VERY impressive first half. Crowd looked great but I thought was a little lethargic at times. Back to blowouts and spoiledness I guess.

I'm not sure during one of our horrible stretches late, a sequence of shots were taken by RK, ZB, and CJ when we needed to find some offense. Maybe coach wanted them to get their numbers up, but that was some of the worst basketball of the night.

I was so happy for a blowout win though. We needed that in the worst way. I kinda missed those.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Houston Cougars takes on Wichita State Shockers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Comment

• Also, but was it just me, or did anyone else notice slightly different in-game production management this game?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cdizzle
                              Cdizzle commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Definitely. They moved a couple promos to halftime. And the band played good songs at the right time. WAY better.

• SHOCKvalue
                              SHOCKvalue commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Was much better first half.

Was same ol’ crap in the second.

IMO...

• AndShock
                              AndShock commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It's because Houston used 4 timeouts in the first half. The promotions crew wasn't locked and ready to throw them in our faces.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Also, but was it just me, or did anyone else notice slightly different in-game production management this game?
                            Thought I noticed that. Also, did we skip the war chant tonight?
                            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

Thought I noticed that. Also, did we skip the war chant tonight?
                              It was started and then interrupted with acknowledging Gene Smithson.

Comment

Working...
                              X