WSU Versus UConn Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus UConn Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Buh-Bye Valley and Hello AAC. That gives me goose bumps on my duck pimples. Winning this game would take us out with the old in 2017 at 11-2, and jump start our beloved Shocks into 2018 in the Conference we longed to play in. However, this is a Huskie team that has a record of 7-4, but 6-0 at home. They play Auburn tomorrow. This Season, they were beat by 4 solid teams as follows: "Michigan State 72-57, Ark. 62-57, Syracuse 72-63, and last night Arizona 73-58.

UConn two best players are 6'3" Jr. Jalen Adams and 6'-8" Jr. Terry Larrier. These two players could very well be in the top 15 overall players this Season in the AAC. This team last Season was plagued by the injury bug and thus had a rare losing record overall of 16-17 and ended up 9-9 in the AAC in a tie for 5th place. I seriously doubt many teams in the AAC win at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn. Two Mags, Lindy's and Street and Smith pick them 4th and Athlon said 6th. This game is Sat. 12/30/2017 at 11:00 a.m. on CBS.

The Shocks will work hard to establish their inside game and then kick it to LS,CF, AR, and SHJ. I do believe our squad is better but the talented UCONN team is a hand full to beat at the Huskie Den. Even so, #11, LS will lead us with 22 points, CF will have 14, and Willis and Shaq will double our fun and viewing pleasure with a pair of double-doubles. Next, look for MM to just keep getting better as we go and this needed addition will make a positive difference on both sides of the hardwood. Even so, this game will be a war on the boards and a battle for a solid start in the AAC. CF will make a 3 at the buzzer for the 3 point surpass.

Merry Christmas to all you Shocker fans out there and a very joyful Shocker New Year 2018 Season as we fight through our new and fresh beginnings with epic and shocking success.

Ralph Miller --- 68

Jim Calhoun --65
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Thank god we have a week off because it's really frustrating watching WSU basketball right now.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It seemed like last Season in games like tonight, we would rock teams by a ton. Don't want to put too much emphasis on Duff because he needs time to get fully calibrated. However, he did lead our team in steals, points, and rebounds while also assisted Z Brown in guarding our foes stars that played various positions and did it well. Even so, look for other answers to be addressed as 3G may shorten the bench a tad in tight games, and get our Defense to playing like angry hyenas for to as close to 40 minutes as possible and that includes not allowing so many wide open treys. Our bigs have Got to start making more of the chip shots inside because tonight we missed way too many. Shaq was making such shots early on this Season and struggling as of late. Brown will find his offensive game again sooner than later we hope. 15 Shocker turnovers? Nope, and no thanks in the AAC,

We do need some time to refuel, get well, start fine-tuning the issues that are making lots of games scary and spooky, and work towards winning this 2nd part of our Schedule with winning the AAC and peaking on full throttle in March and why not April?
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I sense an ugly, bare knuckle affair where the winner pulls away in the last 4 minutes.

Jake Voskuhl 68
        Mahnord Martina 75

Comment

I think we finally get what's been written on the walls. We lose by 4 and leave our shorts on the floor. Wish I could predict a win, but after last night, I'm disappointed.

Comment

The Real Season begins with our 1st American Conference game, a week from today, against a most worthy opponent (UCONN), on their home court, and ends a long 17 games later. Certainly every conference game is important and this is just one game of 18, in a long first season.

We certainly could lose it and still win the conference and/or place very high in the final standings.

That being said, this 1st game is more than just important for it hopefully sets our standard of play in our new conference. It not only states who we are, it gets us off on a winning run.

Besides, all that, it sure would be nice to win it.

Comment

Shockers regroup. Validate their reputation.

Comment

Uconn.png
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Does anybody know if UConn serves beer at their barn?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                    I think we finally get what's been written on the walls. We lose by 4 and leave our shorts on the floor. Wish I could predict a win, but after last night, I'm disappointed.
                    This may not be the game to pick us to lose. Auburn is up 30+ on UConn so far.
                    If we lose this game, figure the Shox to go around .500 in league play.

Comment

"I'm not fat, I'm just a little Husky." - 77
                      "There's no place like home.", correction, "There's no place like the road!" - 84

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wsu:

Comment

Prediction: we finally get a blowout win, UConn will run exactly zero offensive sets.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

This may not be the game to pick us to lose. Auburn is up 30+ on UConn so far.
                          If we lose this game, figure the Shox to go around .500 in league play.
                          Damnit I made my prediction before they imploded! I'd be thrilled to scrape UCONN by 30+.

Comment

It is really hard to predict the outcome of this game. UCONN is 3 - 5 in their last eight games, however they've lost to opponents who have a combined record of 52 - 9 with an average RPI rank of 17. Pretty stiff competition. However, they were blown out in each of these losses (except losing by 9 to Syracuse) and they were all neutral court or away games. They'll get to play a ranked team at home finally and that will certainly help. The Shox have been playing like dog doodie the last three games. We're going into their joint not exactly playing with a lot of momentum and confidence. The road game doesn't scare me, I was actually more nervous at Baylor than I am with this game.

If the Shockers of the last three games show up, we will lose by 9.
                            If the Shockers start to play like they're capable of, we'll win by 13.

Comment

UConn sucks so if we don't pull this one out, I'd call it a bad loss.

Maybe we play better on the road than at home. We'll see.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X