Wichita State vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
    Damn, we lose one game and now we have to pretend we lost to the best team ever, or we were completely over-rated?

Not so hot take: We are a Title Contending team that just got spanked at home by a good, not great, team. I'll be shocked if OU wins the B12. I'll be shocked if OU wins it's first 2 B12 games. OU looked like a team we SHOULD HAVE BEATEN. But we didn't because we played like crap. We are still a contender for a national title, and OU is still NOT a contender for a national title. Trae Young is NOT the next NBA MVP, and Landry Shamet is still an possible 1rst round pick.

Some of us have lost our mind.
    Young will get drafted ahead of Shamet by a lot

Comment

• Shaqness
      Shaqness commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    OU is good. REAL good.I felt the opponent was just straight up better than us. Very surprised by how poorly our team opporated the last few minutes.
    This is the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post

Dude, do you actually read the board or are you just a troll? Nobody is pretending we got beat by the best team ever. I think everybody would acknowledge that today was more about us playing bad, not finishing shots etc. than it was anything OU was doing. With that said, they’re a damn good team, and this loss won’t end up a bad one.
      Not sure how to multi-qoute, but above is my evidence. "Everybody" is strong language. Maybe you weren't reading.

Comment

• Shaqness is sorta annoying.

Comment

• Based on this outcome, WSU is NOT a title contending team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Where would you rank OU nationally?
            Hard to say, def top 25. Either way, they aren't a title contender.

Comment

• There's something I noticed that seemed obvious, yet strange. When teams are behind a few possessions late in the game, they tend to drive the lane, hoping to get fouled. Usually the defense just gives up the layup and then runs clock on their possession until they're fouled.

That's not what the Shox did. They passed the ball around - apparently looking for an open shot instead of driving to the hoop. Is there anyone on the team who can actually drive the lane other than Shamet? Brown may be great on D. The recent results do not indicate that to be a fact. It would be nice to have a SF who could get to the basket. The lack of players who can get to the hoop late in the game lets defenses adjust too easily.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                SHJ can drive he just doesn’t know how to finish with tall guys standing around him. He thinks he can toss it up softly like he’s in high school.

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post

Hard to say, def top 25. Either way, they aren't a title contender.
              Are Top 25 teams not considered "great"?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Is there anyone on the team who can actually drive the lane other than Shamet? Brown may be great on D. The recent results do not indicate that to be a fact. It would be nice to have a SF who could get to the basket. The lack of players who can get to the hoop late in the game lets defenses adjust too easily.
                McDuffie.

Comment

• OU was 5-13 in Big-12 last year, not winning a single road game. OU is better this year and is projected to finish in the middle of the Big-12, not a contender in Big-12.
                  So WSU may have had a bad game & OU a good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                    Don't we have 27? They never gave us another point after determining that Conner's shot was a 3
                    They never did add that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      There's something I noticed that seemed obvious, yet strange. When teams are behind a few possessions late in the game, they tend to drive the lane, hoping to get fouled. Usually the defense just gives up the layup and then runs clock on their possession until they're fouled.

That's not what the Shox did. They passed the ball around - apparently looking for an open shot instead of driving to the hoop. Is there anyone on the team who can actually drive the lane other than Shamet? Brown may be great on D. The recent results do not indicate that to be a fact. It would be nice to have a SF who could get to the basket. The lack of players who can get to the hoop late in the game lets defenses adjust too easily.
                      Almost every time we get down big in a game, we abandon the inside game and become perimeter-dominant. This includes our bigs. This seems to be a pattern with Marshall-coached teams in our losses.

The panic this team displays in these situations is a continual problem that I wish would get adjusted or addressed. Never seems to happen though.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wichita View Post
                        OU was 5-13 in Big-12 last year, not winning a single road game. OU is better this year and is projected to finish in the middle of the Big-12, not a contender in Big-12.
                        Go to hell.

Go Nebraska.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wichita View Post
                          OU was 5-13 in Big-12 last year, not winning a single road game. OU is better this year and is projected to finish in the middle of the Big-12, not a contender in Big-12.
                          Yeah, they suck just like Washington.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox-N-Awe View Post
                            Based on this outcome, WSU is NOT a title contending team.
                            we knew that after the cal game.

marshall has a national championship in him.. but not this year. 6'7" center? i don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                            X