• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. We had a bad game plan to start
    2. They shoot lights out from 3
    3. We can’t make any threes
    4. We missed way too many 2-3 footers
    5. Some bad calls but not a difference maker

all this and we only lose by 8 to a really good team, so I’m not terribly bummed. We still have really good players that can overcome bad coaching and not making easy shots. We’ll be fine.

Comment

• shocksrbest
      shocksrbest commented
      Editing a comment
      ...and without our best(?) player.

• Mind boggling calls for sure (still trying to comprehend the one where the OU player came down with the ball out of bounds) but if it had to be anybody, glad it was Lon Kruger. Nobody likes moral victories, but. I’m glad they didn’t lose the fight within themselves. Kept playing.

I think these Sooners could very well win the Big12-2. Young is a bad dude. Our defense was far from perfect today but that fella was making perfectly defended and contested shot after shot today.

Look forward to getting McDuffie back soon, and washing the taste of this game out of my mouth. Oh, and damn does it feel good knowing our conference games won’t be against Valley teams in a few weeks where it felt like it was the end of the world after a loss like this. Always forward.

Comment

• No McDuffie. It's a big deal.

Comment

• Trae Young is a fugly whiny *****. Our defense is newborn baby crap soft. We aren't ready for big time yet. Maybe it's time to take a hiatus from playing Oklahoma teams at IBA.

Comment

• Trae Young was the best player on the floor. They made a lot of threes in the first half, but they were all wiiiiiiide open.

Comment

• How many wide-open shots did OU have? How many did we have? Our defense sucked most of the game, but specifically the 1st half. It's disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Not saying I don’t believe you, but if that’s true, then “Yikes....”
              It was 7:09 seconds. But yes, it is true.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• There's no sense in trying to polish this turd of a game. We got owned, period. Games like this happen, fortunately, they don't happen too often. I'm actually more pissed that Notre Dame lost their 3rd game, than us losing to a better team.

Comment

• For the record, I would’ve rather had Trae Young beat us than freaking Brady Manek (who?). Maybe we’ll see them again in the NCAA tournament and we can let Trae Young get 50 instead of just his average.

Comment

• Ta Town Shocker
                    Ta Town Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The announcers said Young and Manek have been playing together since the 3rd grade. I don't think Manek is any slouch. My guess is he'll have plenty of other big performances this year.

• We have good shooters, but not today. It seemed like we could not get OU lead trimmed to under double digits much today. T. Young put on a show with his 29 points which was no surprise but his 10 assists were a killer. OU made 7 more 3-pointers than us and 3 more throws. These 1st half deficits will be a problem against better competition we will continue to face this Season. We have discussed that concern this Season.often. Our Defense has not caught fire yet consistently this Season because we have had over 50 scored on us in home games lately in one half. .OU had some nice blocks on us today that were costly too. We really wanted to go 3-0 versus the Big 12. After all, we won both road games but missed the sweep today in a heartbreaker.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Trae Young is like a Steph Curry. A player of that caliber opens everybody else up, and that's what happened today. Even the announcers were talking about how much better everybody else got with Young on the floor.

Our defense isn't perfect right now, but it'll get a whole lot better when McDuffie gets back. Same with our offense. Missing McDuffie and still beating a buncha good teams in non con is a big deal. We'll be fine.

Comment

• Well, ****.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• If i recall most of us thought we’d lose a game in Maui and one of the 3 Big 12 games. Well, we were correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          If i recall most of us thought we’d lose a game in Maui and one of the 3 Big 12 games. Well, we were correct.
                          Stop being so damn rational. This is not the time for that.

Comment

• 1. Horrible Defense
                            2. Post players playing soft
                            3. Horrible Guard play
                            4. Jones is trash, still.
                            5. All can be improved, and we will bounce back.
                            6. I sat too close for this beating.

Comment

• shoxrox89
                              shoxrox89 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Last time you said jones was trash i called you a terrible poster but now that i look at how he played this game, you are right. Daishon Smith is the much better guard between the two, we couldve really used his hustle and tenacity this game.

• Shaqness
                              Shaqness commented
                              Editing a comment
                              One thing we know for sure; Daishon Smith would have went up strong.

• ShockerFever
                              ShockerFever commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Was Jones the reason we lost today?

Otherwise #4 is pretty much unnecessary jab. Again.
                          Working...
                          X