No announcement yet.

KU Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To talk about not playing KU is giving KU credence. I don't think about them any more than I think about KState, which is rarely to never. We have bigger fish to fry than playing a lowly in-state school.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      To talk about not playing KU is giving KU credence.
      Bull. We are better than KU. We beat them the last time we played and have consistently proved we are on the same level by being ranked in the Top 10. We currently are ranked higher. We don't need to talk about them but we don't need to shy away from saying we are better.

In Texas, you may not care but in Kansas, it needs to be said at least every once in a while.

Comment

I actually don't discuss KU much anymore because I have nothing to gain.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• pogo
          pogo commented
          Editing a comment
          Like wrestling a pig in mud..You both get dirty but the pig likes it.

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        Its funny, but if you put Bill Selfs resume on paper, its still impressive, even with the early exits.

Bill's choke reputation is the result, year after year, of winning a vastly over-hyped conference, and getting every benefit, of every doubt when it comes to seeding and officiating.
        thought I might add a few words to expand the accuracy of this statement.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

K-State playing Tulsa at Intrust was another great example of how irrelevant the conversation is of why the other in state schools won't play WSU. I remember when that game got announced, it made K-State look really affraid of us, or just ridiculous. How do you think people in Tulsa felt though? To them it definitely looked like K-State was scheduling soft, so they weren't going to come up here and play soft and look what happened. Bruce Weber's team didn't look prepared at all and got laughed out of Intrust.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I actually don't discuss KU much anymore because I have nothing to gain.
            So when a KU fan mentions the superiority of KU, you just let it pass. That is when I just point to our last win.

Comment

Living in KC, most KU fans dont brag that much anymore when I mention WSU. Hmmm I wonder why?
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So when a KU fan mentions the superiority of KU, you just let it pass. That is when I just point to our last win.
                Nah, I just ask them if they think "that one player" is gonna go to jail. Then after watching them twitch a little I ask them if they think we could beat Villanova once McDuffie is back.

Also, keep in mind, if I win the argument, well everybody in the country expected me to. But if I lose the argument it looks like a bad loss.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• wichshock65
                  wichshock65 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And thanks to Shockernet, everytime I see McDuffie mentioned, the first thing I think of is "McDuffels with the stuffles". Lol

Nah, I just ask them if they think "that one player" is gonna go to jail. Then after watching them twitch a little I ask them if they think we could beat Villanova once McDuffie is back.

Also, keep in mind, if I win the argument, well everybody in the country expected me to. But if I lose the argument it looks like a bad loss.
                When we have the accomplished Kung Wu in our SN corner, we win, we win big bay bay!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Ok, so you don't let it pass. :)

I agree you don't have to say much but no one should just agree by not saying anything.

Comment

KU fans don't even talk to me anymore...I'm good with that.
                    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                      KU fans don't even talk to me anymore...I'm good with that.
                      A real blessing, indeed.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The only times I've run into KU fans lately was on the days of the Washington and Arizona State games. I could tell they knew the results of the games and were unusually quiet. I was wearing a Shocker shirt. The KU fans kind of stayed away from me. When I got home and checked scores I found out why.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Well, ****. Guess I shoulda gone to practice.
                          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

"Jayhawks fan shows up at dorm, offers 'free throw advice' to team" - ESPN

Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff Writer
                            Posted: 01/25/18, 2:01 AM CT

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ow-advice-team

"A day after center Udoka Azubuike missed six straight free throws late in a loss at the Oklahoma Sooners, one apparent fan took it upon himself to help the Kansas Jayhawks with their free throw shooting.

According to the Lawrence Journal-World, University of Kansas police were called Wednesday to the dorm that houses the men's basketball team after a man kept showing up to offer "free throw advice" to the Jayhawks.

The man, who was wearing a blue-and-red windbreaker -- Kansas' colors -- had already left. The Journal-World reported police had no plans to file a criminal report and didn't say which player or players he was attempting to give free throw tips to...."

:good::yahoo:

Comment

Working...
                            X