WSU Versus Oklahoma State Predictions and Pregame Disussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    Hopefully South Dakota St. taught us how to defend the 3 pt line. I don't wanna see one of their players going off like I've seen in too many games already this year. Take care of business on defense and we should win this battle.

Shockers - 85
    Pokies - 73
    You probably won't. Marquette, Savannah State and SDSU all shoot a ton of threes. All three are in the top 15 for total 3 pointers shot, made and top 20 for 3 pointers made per game. :bball_spin:

Discover the current NCAA Division I Men's Basketball leaders in every stats category, as well as historic leaders.

Comment

Our team looks and plays unorganized. Luckily we have star power to mop up.

Shockers by 4. Landy Shamet scores 19 points. Shaq scores 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
        Our team looks and plays unorganized. Luckily we have star power to mop up.

Shockers by 4. Landy Shamet scores 19 points. Shaq scores 15.
        WTF?

If you actually understood basketball you would see that we have one of the more organized teams in the country. Go away troll.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Here's the deal. Once upon a time, a rootin-tootin group of StillWata Cowpokes came straight from the DudeDropin by the creek, then blazing into IBA near Cowtown. That very day, these Cowboys were shooting 'laser accurate shots' all over the hardwood, and their reserves even outscored ours 42-22 and won 93-76 which is harder than pulling hens teeth in these here parts. Gone from that team is Jawun (I couldn't miss that day) Evans and Phil (hold the fort) Forte along with their Coach Brad (over the) Underwood who landed at Illinois. Returning from that team though is Jeffrey (Hark the) Carroll who had 22 points off the bench in that game. The Cowboys are 7-1 with a loss to Texas A&M 72-55 and a notable win over Pitt 73-67. OSU is now coached by Mike (Man) Boynton and are tough to beat at their barn. I do thank them along with Baylor and Oklahoma for this Big 12 Challenge and embellish such solid series. After we play them all, I hope they do great.

It took about a year, but our beloved Shocks are assembling a posse, heading south for the "Shootout at the Roaring River ( formally called Stillwater until the Shocks showed up) Corral with an play angry, smash-mouth inside game. This will not a 'one trick pony strategy' either, because our bench will not let their bench have such luck this time and our D-Fence will be solid even if the Cowboys shoot like the Jackrabbits did tonight, but who does that? How do we think this story will end? Cowboy pain and Shocker gain as we get black and yellow reckoning, I reckon, with a 7 point surpass win.

How do we do it? Shaq and committee first inside and #11 and #33 on the outside with a serious twist of stellar D-Fence by our stopper Z.(on you like a cheap suit) Brown on Jeffrey Carroll, slowing him down to a mild roar. We hope that quick-draw Shaq floats and stays out of foul trouble and on the hardwood, because he can really lead us inside to this needed win. After the smoke clears and the rematch ends, the Shocks hope to ride off into the sunset, back to Doodah, ready to reload, and prepare for more gunslingers that will come looking for them soon, very soon.

The Prince McJunkins/ A. Reaves 79

Barry Sanders/ T. Reeves------------72

Forevershockerfan - You just keep getting better and better as you age like a prime steak or a fabulous bottle of the grape. '60'

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
            If you actually understood basketball you would see that we have one of the more organized teams in the country.
            I'm sure we drew up all those plays for ZB and RK three's? That's just one example. We didn't post up once in the 5 defensive stops we got in the second half of SDSU, despite Shaq putting the team on his back. That's two. Include Jones not running an offense in his previous games. That's three.

You've been triggered. That's your fault. I was only meaning to say that the team isn't playing organized, and that we are relying much more on star power. LS dominated on plays specifically designed for him. Same for Shaq.

Comment

• wsushox1
              wsushox1 commented
              Editing a comment
              In his defense, the first two are true. Not sure I'm buying the Jones argument here.

Shockers by 10. Hopefully at the end.

Comment

Eskimo Joe's 66
              Doo Dah Diner 73

For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

I'm sure we drew up all those plays for ZB and RK three's? That's just one example. We didn't post up once in the 5 defensive stops we got in the second half of SDSU, despite Shaq putting the team on his back. That's two. Include Jones not running an offense in his previous games. That's three.

You've been triggered. That's your fault. I was only meaning to say that the team isn't playing organized, and that we are relying much more on star power. LS dominated on plays specifically designed for him. Same for Shaq.
                Both ZB & RK are good at taking shots within the flow of the offence. We do need them to shoot once in a while to keep the defense somewhat honest. As for the post play I guess you didn't notice that SDSU was doubling on the catch much of the game. In spite of that we still more than doubled their points in the paint.

I also don't get your hard on for SHJ, it's going to take time, just like EVERY OTHER Juco or freshmen PG.

We rely on star power far less than most teams. Yes LS & SM are stars but they both play within the system. You rarely see either one taking a shot that didn't come within the framework of the offence. Know how many players have averaged over 15 ppg under Marshall? ONE.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• shockem#78-65
                  shockem#78-65 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WheatShock knows what he is talking about. There is a reason that we are 10th in the nation in apg (19.1). It is because we run a good offense and find the open man, a couple guys who bust their butts day in a day out had poor offensive games last night and that does not mean we are "unorganized".
                  As for SHJ, WheatShock was correct again, he is used to playing one speed and that is fast, did you watch the Savannah State game and wonder why he thrived? Being someone that personally played against him while he was at East high I know what he is capable of and it is just going to take a little time to find out how and when to switch speeds.

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                Both ZB & RK are good at taking shots within the flow of the offence. We do need them to shoot once in a while to keep the defense somewhat honest. As for the post play I guess you didn't notice that SDSU was doubling on the catch much of the game. In spite of that we still more than doubled their points in the paint.

I also don't get your hard on for SHJ, it's going to take time, just like EVERY OTHER Juco or freshmen PG.

We rely on star power far less than most teams. Yes LS & SM are stars but they both play within the system. You rarely see either one taking a shot that didn't come within the framework of the offence. Know how many players have averaged over 15 ppg under Marshall? ONE.
                Well I am glad you changed your mind on name calling and actually replying with content. I'll point out that the SDSU bigs were in foul trouble and our Bigs did eventually post up/get entry passes and win the game for us. Shaq is routinely passing out of double teams and using that as a part of our game.

You are wrong about ZB and RK taking threes. We have too many options and too many scoring players to jack up ones just cuz. We have to commit to getting a great look, not a fuggit let's throw it up look. But this thread is about WSU and their ability to take on OSU. My prediction is our offense will continue to make far too many offensive and defensive mistakes, and our stars will come through and win us the game by 4.

My "hard on" for Jones is he is the worst offender when it comes to not running the offense - which means were freelancing in unorganized offense. I've been pretty consistence and clear with my gripes about Jones and our offense. I don't know how more time will force Jones to actually pass it our two guard and take it back from him and pass it to our 3. It's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                  I think the team we saw vs Baylor will show up again. I hope so; Oklahoma State is a good team even if they end up near the bottom of the Big 12; that conference is a meat grinder this year and we picked a great year to pick up 3 games against them.

I know Marshall and the players will vehemently deny looking past SDSU towards this rematch, but I think that happened at least a little bit. I think they'll come out prepared, focused, and hungry. Not confident on predicting a score, but I think our key is keeping control of the ball. Last year both teams turned the ball over a lot, but Oklahoma State did a good job getting back on transition and got a big advantage from our 15 throwaways. If we can keep our head in the game and get Shaq involved we have the guns and the defense to win this one.
                  In the post-game Marshall denied that the coaches were looking past SDSU, but left the impression that some of the players might have.
                  ​​​​
                  The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope one of the assistant coaches was looking past the South Dakota State game and prepping for the Oklahoma State game.

My "hard on" for Jones is he is the worst offender when it comes to not running the offense - which means were freelancing in unorganized offense. I've been pretty consistence and clear with my gripes about Jones and our offense. I don't know how more time will force Jones to actually pass it our two guard and take it back from him and pass it to our 3. It's stupid.
                  Oh thaaaaats why he has an assist to turnover ratio north of 4-1. Got ya.

You have to remember that our offence is faily complex, it takes every new pg time to figure things out. He's coming along just fine.

Comment

81-69 Shox!

Comment

After seeing what has happened the last two nights in college basketball, I bet Marshall is making a point that every game matters and not to overlook any opponent. Shocks about to come out and play like the hungry hyenas they are!
                      Success is where preparation and opportunity meet

Comment

Shockers by 8, and Shaqness will still be a trolling imbecile.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

With the exception of Arkansas St. ......the rest of the season is Super Bowl City for every team we play. Need to adopt and mostly pretend we are "Just receiving Votes" as a team mantra in order to maintain. The wolves are circling........
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                          X