Official #8 Wichita State vs #16 Baylor Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    Anyone know how many Shocker fans in the Baylor stands today?
    I'd guess 10-20% of the crowd was WSU fans. Very surprised by how empty the arena was. Maybe 80% capacity. They were talking on the radio after the game how great of a turnout it was. Sometimes I realize how spoiled we are as WSU fans.

Comment

• Great grind it out victory. Love the way Conner played today, he made some big big shots. Landry really played great defense on their point guard and Shaq and Willis had moments when they took over. Bench played big again today, this was a big boy game today and we showed them who the road warriors are today.

Comment

• Landry Shamet passes to Rashard Kelly who takes it from under the basket and dunks it in for the Shockers.

Play of the game right here. Left Hand Dunk(ish) by Kelly. Amazing vision by Shamet.

I am glad to see Conner blow up this zone and be the key to the game. Being streaky in confidence and in shooting, it was good to see him light it up.

Comment

• Chubs
          Chubs commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to agree with you. I love when we move to ball around like that. It is great when the color guy says "goodness" to himself without realizing it.

• I also noticed Jones played 7 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
          I thought we’d win
          Can someone explain to me why this POS is posting?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            so the shockers go to waco and win the battle of the boards. that was epic. clawing the glass against the bears.
            Are the Shox elite again?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Can I get a quick recap from lawmaker?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                I'd guess 10-20% of the crowd was WSU fans. Very surprised by how empty the arena was. Maybe 80% capacity. They were talking on the radio after the game how great of a turnout it was. Sometimes I realize how spoiled we are as WSU fans.
                And most of their seats were priced at $10 with no extra fees. Even at those low prices they can't fill their arena against a top 10 team.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was any Waco area team still in the high school football playoffs? That would probably account for the empty seats right there if so. Gotta keep those Texan priorities in order.

• Looks like we have a great shot at top 5 ranking heading into conference play barring injuries. I thought South Dakota state would be a challenge but they smoked by mo state lol

Comment

• Ferrell center is a dump. Like henry levitt before the renovations. I was talking to a Baylor guy after the ge. He apoogized for the lack of fan support and was embarrassed about it.

Comment

• Vital hurt his ankle after a drive to the basket when he fell down with Morris, a 6-foot-8, 279-pound center, on top of him. The Baylor freshman said he will receive treatment on it, but doesn't expect to miss any time.

"Shaq is a big dude. I hit him one play and bounced right off of him," Vital said with a laugh.

Shaq Wall.

Comment

• scott drew has taken a lot of criticism over the years but he always has the bears competitive. sweet 16 last year for the most recent example.

Comment

• Anyone know what they were chanting when Willis shot free throws?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          Anyone know what they were chanting when Willis shot free throws?
                          “Not a state”

Comment

• At least twice it was “block the kick”. The two that I remember were also missed by Willis.

Comment

Working...
                            X