Official #8 Wichita State vs #16 Baylor Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

Missed a bunch of free throws, he needs to clean that up. But other than that was solid.
    That can be taken care of on the next coaches show.

Comment

• 'Shaq is a big dude. I hit him one play and bounced right off of him,'' Vital said with a laugh.
      You're not the first nor the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

if the rebounding was off, it wasn't from lack of effort. shockers crashed hard, making baylor work/sweat for every one of those boards. no wonder baylor was worn out at the end of the game (yes, i know they were a man down too).

'amazing to watch wichita state fight on the backboards. i'll enjoy watching the replay to see the shockers battle on every missed shot. relentless.
        Yeah, it was frustrating to watch Baylor get all those rebounds, but I think it was because Baylor is GOOD at rebounding.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Yeah, it was frustrating to watch Baylor get all those rebounds, but I think it was because Baylor is GOOD at rebounding.
          The "we didn't rebound" comments in this thread reminded me of the "we just didn't shoot well" comments from WSU opponents after they play against our D.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

That can be taken care of on the next coaches show.
            I hope this is sarcasm, funny, ha, ha. If not, figure out something original.

Comment

• Good breakdown from ESPN's John Gasaway:

Wichita State, with its unrelenting defense, rebounding and 3-point shooting, has a variety of ways to win that should propel it to a high NCAA seed.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I hope this is sarcasm, funny, ha, ha. If not, figure out something original.
                Oh brother, this has been an ongoing joke on here forever. Lighten up Francis. I'll try to learn from your originality from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Oh brother, this has been an ongoing joke on here forever. Lighten up Francis. I'll try to learn from your originality from now on.
                  Don't worry, I got a real LOL moment out of it.

Comment

• I hope you read my first sentence. Reading comp is usually helpful on fan boards.

Comment

• so the shockers go to waco and win the battle of the boards. that was epic. clawing the glass against the bears.

Comment

• That was a fun game. And a very enjoyable ride back to the big D.

I would say there were at least a couple hundred WSU fans if not more. Hard to tell, but my section 123 had quite a few. Section 116 had a ton. And whenever I walked around I had no problem seeing plenty of Shocker fans.

It was awesome to see.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I agree, that was fantastic ferrell fun. Shocks ruled section 117 and Baylor fan in section 116 ( yes we saw those looks) was offended by our clapping until your team scored. Baylor fans were loud and proud, just not enough. CF, SM, and RK were beastly. I know they heard us cheering. SHOCK U loves road wins!!!!!
                          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                          - said no one ever...

Comment

• Glad to see the MBB program taking advantage of charter flying to support the VB team tonight.

Marshall really gets it.

Comment

• I'll have to admit I was thinking this is going to be ND all over again. Our team depth and
                              physicality wore them down, that, and just solid guard play. Big guys were a little erratic
                              but that is understandable against Baylor's front line in their gym. I think what I like best
                              about our team is that everyone really seems to understand their roles and no one tries to
                              do too much. Still early in the season and it only takes a bad game/loss to change my
                              feelings but, right now, I like what I am seeing. Just have to make sure MM's return
                              does not hurt chemistry ( don't think it will ) and that SMJ can improve enough to get the
                              minutes LS has to play down some. CF and LS looked like real team leaders today !

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                I'll have to admit I was thinking this is going to be ND all over again. Our team depth and
                                physicality wore them down, that, and just solid guard play. Big guys were a little erratic
                                but that is understandable against Baylor's front line in their gym. I think what I like best
                                about our team is that everyone really seems to understand their roles and no one tries to
                                do too much. Still early in the season and it only takes a bad game/loss to change my
                                feelings but, right now, I like what I am seeing. Just have to make sure MM's return
                                does not hurt chemistry ( don't think it will ) and that SMJ can improve enough to get the
                                minutes LS has to play down some. CF and LS looked like real team leaders today !
                                I don't think it should, mainly because MM will be phased in when he becomes healthy. He's not going to come in and play 30 minutes a game right off the bat and send someone who is used to minutes to a benchwarmer. Prolly start at 15-17 and then work up.
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X