Tropical Musings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropical Musings

Oh well...RefChick and I certainly had a fantastic time, even with the 19.0 meltdown.

All I can say about the ND game is HCGM needs to learn to adjust. Maybe its cause he leaned on Jans too much and DJ isn't quite there yet. Not sure, but it has happened before and it most certainly happened again for 20 minutes late Wednesday night.
    I do know that we continued to run the same zone offensive set over and over against it and the guys dribbled waaaay too much instead of skip passing or attacking the middle of the 2-3.

Could not have been happier with Kelly. If not for him, we would have been left to beat up on the likes of VCU and Chaminade. They were dead in the water Monday and strictly because they didn't take Cal serious and do not acknowledge they are now everybody's Super Bowl. They will get even a HS teams best shot, due to their new found name recognition and notoriety.

Any more ASS HOUNDS who rip on AR should be banned immediately. The kid can play and is going to be the next big thing.
    I questioned why HCGM had CF in bounding the ball when they knew ND would attack the ball and then foul. I want my SR's receiving the in bounds, especially when they shoot 85% from the line!
    And get off Willis ass. The guy makes mistakes, but he shoots 50% from the field and works his ass off when in there. He will be fine, just cut him some slack.

That's enough for now. It's 11 hours of flight time back and right now I'm pretty much cooked.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

well said stripes. while experienced, there are new pieces to work in and while this team is really good, there is still one important chunk missing. patience everyone. (at least we’re not in arizona’s situation)

Comment

Taylor Eldridge posted a couple videos where it showed ND recognized what play Marshall was running and they called it out and blew the plays up late in the game.

Comment

Compliments on the thoghts shared. Austin is a winner & played very well. I feel that our coaches need to find a way to get Landry & Shaq more looks in big games. Samajae Jones will be very good once he gets comfortable. Really glad you mentioned Willis, I have been super high on him & think he will have a great year. He can be a double double performer when playing his best. It took a lot of breaks to go against us in the last minute to cost us a win. Fully expect us to be better prepared for the tournament due to these types of games.

Comment

• Ricardo del Rio
          Ricardo del Rio commented
          Editing a comment
          I struggle with number 4

SHJ is probably the best lane penetrator on this team. He just makes poor decisions once he gets in the lane. I like the change of pace he brings and think it will eventually be a big asset for us.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          Oh well...RefChick and I certainly had a fantastic time, even with the 19.0 meltdown.

All I can say about the ND game is HCGM needs to learn to adjust. Maybe its cause he leaned on Jans too much and DJ isn't quite there yet. Not sure, but it has happened before and it most certainly happened again for 20 minutes late Wednesday night.
          I do know that we continued to run the same zone offensive set over and over against it and the guys dribbled waaaay too much instead of skip passing or attacking the middle of the 2-3.

Could not have been happier with Kelly. If not for him, we would have been left to beat up on the likes of VCU and Chaminade. They were dead in the water Monday and strictly because they didn't take Cal serious and do not acknowledge they are now everybody's Super Bowl. They will get even a HS teams best shot, due to their new found name recognition and notoriety.

Any more ASS HOUNDS who rip on AR should be banned immediately. The kid can play and is going to be the next big thing.
          I questioned why HCGM had CF in bounding the ball when they knew ND would attack the ball and then foul. I want my SR's receiving the in bounds, especially when they shoot 85% from the line!
          And get off Willis ass. The guy makes mistakes, but he shoots 50% from the field and works his ass off when in there. He will be fine, just cut him some slack.

That's enough for now. It's 11 hours of flight time back and right now I'm pretty much cooked.

That is all.
          Reaves is a stud. Needs to tighten up his handle, but it will come.

Willis, on the other hand...
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

This loss stings a little more because it's a missed opportunity, the failure to hold a 16 point lead and the lack of execution at the end. It was pretty much a team effort to get that lead and lose it as well. Hopefully lessons have been learned because close games will be commonplace this year. Execute in March and Hawaii will be forgotten.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

It has been said that a solid group of Senior leadership should be the Season that glitters. Not only are we blessed with Senior leadership, we have our tripod of Shaq, MM, and LS (to be continued) soon so don't miss it. So far, we have seen exerts of promise and development from ZB, Willis, CF, Nurger, and R.(machine gun stat stuffer) Kelly. The best is yet to come so take this to the bank knowing that Fort Knox and our ROI is on yourn Shocker side. CJ and AM are a work in progress, so keep a vigilant eye on them too.

Don't you double-dawg-dare worry about Austin Reaves or SHJ because the more this Season moves forward, the more we will appreciate what they bring to the Shocker table. AR is beyond a playa, and if you are not on board with this turnip truck, step aside and learn. Last Season, before Austin was injured, He was a Shocker fan favorite as well one of mine. In Maui, we seen positive signs to be continued!!!!!!! I have been following SHJ since he played at East High and Hutch. Now, he continues to be a winner, and is on our Shocker team. In Maui, we witnessed some positives that will eventually knock our socks off. You'll see, you'll see!!! What happens if Willis is not having a big day? Kelly comes in with his metal lunch box and gives 110% on both sides of the floor.. The two of them guarantee most games will result in a win as the 4 slot and exhibits the beauty of Shocker quality depth.

In conclusion, it is early, and this is Coach Marshall's time to develop such virtuoso Shocker fine-tuning, that even Johann Sebastian Bach will put his ears to the track to listen and understand, that team harmony is a process that has began, and will peak come March, and we hope continue as deep into April as possible. Practice, Perform, and then Practice some more!!!!!!! I'm optimistic, as I enjoy a Shocker Season of all Seasons, to unfold and continue into another bright Shocker History that has only began to continue, and beget more Shocker Heights and History. IMO, this is not a pipe dream, but still another Shocker Season in process to remember!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 25, 2017, 01:35 PM.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Just back from Maui. Great trip and had a whole lot of fun..The loss to nd was very disappointing On several levels. I believe it will make them a better team if in no other teaching moment it is to show how important EVERY possession of each game really is. Had a great time with the Moose and friends at a Luau after the win over cal..Told him it would of really sucked if we had lost. Met the parents of one of the cal players after that game at a place called Friedas on the pacific. Very nice couple and highly complimentary of our program. Waiting for the flight to Dallas some clown with a big ass texass accent asked if we had been in town for the tournament and asked how we did. I replied "We lost by one point in the championship" His reply withca grin was "Losing by one point is the same as losing by 20" I replied as nice as I could "Not to the people in Vegas if it covers the spread" Then he said that losses such as that is the coaches fault and I replied that he was right because the players had nothing to do with the final outcome of games. It was a this time hat Sally touched my arm and asked me why I was even talking to him. He kept trying to engage me in conversation and stated he had been a referee for a number of years and asked if we were still thinking about bringing back football. Told him no because of the invite to the AAC and how Navy was a football only and we balanced out the league in basketball. He alluded that he worked games when the Valley was really good. I told him of the renewed rivalry with Tulsa and he said they were horrible ever since Bill Sellers left to go to ku. I knew then the man was an idiot with all hat and no cattle. But the man did have a great texass accent. In the airport in Dallas waiting for our plane to Wichita noticed a group of tall young men dressed in coats and ties with ear pods waiting as well. Yep it was the team for Savannah State. Their coach and I exchanged greetings and I told him I was looking forward to the game on Tuesday and he asked if he gave me a Savannah State jacket if I would wear it or just wear my Shocker jacket that I had on. I told him I would wear the jacket if not for the "homers" around me. We both laughed and went on. Their team was very nice and acted like we know our team does. Ooops another story. Leaving for Maui I ran into a young man that is a supervisor for the local TSA and he was telling me that our young men do acquite them selves as gentlemen when they travel through the airport on their was to board their plane. Each one is courteous and mature the whole time. This individual also says he sees the recruits when they come in either alone or with their families and he says that even the recruits are of very high character and courteous as well. The program is in good hands. Kind of pooped so going to finish laundry and hit the rack a little earlier tonight. Go Shox

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Just back from Maui. Great trip and had a whole lot of fun..The loss to nd was very disappointing On several levels. I believe it will make them a better team if in no other teaching moment it is to show how important EVERY possession of each game really is. Had a great time with the Moose and friends at a Luau after the win over cal..Told him it would of really sucked if we had lost. Met the parents of one of the cal players after that game at a place called Friedas on the pacific. Very nice couple and highly complimentary of our program. Waiting for the flight to Dallas some clown with a big ass texass accent asked if we had been in town for the tournament and asked how we did. I replied "We lost by one point in the championship" His reply withca grin was "Losing by one point is the same as losing by 20" I replied as nice as I could "Not to the people in Vegas if it covers the spread" Then he said that losses such as that is the coaches fault and I replied that he was right because the players had nothing to do with the final outcome of games. It was a this time hat Sally touched my arm and asked me why I was even talking to him. He kept trying to engage me in conversation and stated he had been a referee for a number of years and asked if we were still thinking about bringing back football. Told him no because of the invite to the AAC and how Navy was a football only and we balanced out the league in basketball. He alluded that he worked games when the Valley was really good. I told him of the renewed rivalry with Tulsa and he said they were horrible ever since Bill Sellers left to go to ku. I knew then the man was an idiot with all hat and no cattle. But the man did have a great texass accent. In the airport in Dallas waiting for our plane to Wichita noticed a group of tall young men dressed in coats and ties with ear pods waiting as well. Yep it was the team for Savannah State. Their coach and I exchanged greetings and I told him I was looking forward to the game on Tuesday and he asked if he gave me a Savannah State jacket if I would wear it or just wear my Shocker jacket that I had on. I told him I would wear the jacket if not for the "homers" around me. We both laughed and went on. Their team was very nice and acted like we know our team does. Ooops another story. Leaving for Maui I ran into a young man that is a supervisor for the local TSA and he was telling me that our young men do acquite them selves as gentlemen when they travel through the airport on their was to board their plane. Each one is courteous and mature the whole time. This individual also says he sees the recruits when they come in either alone or with their families and he says that even the recruits are of very high character and courteous as well. The program is in good hands. Kind of pooped so going to finish laundry and hit the rack a little earlier tonight. Go Shox
                  i don't believe that loss will make them better in the long run at all.. quite the opposite. now they embrace disappointment? better they had won it.

primed for ncaa tournament upset for the first time since 2012.

should have won that game.

still choking up at uk, u of l and notre dame? really?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Wichita State is the real deal this year!! A loss to ND this early is nothing to get anyone's panties in a wad about. Nothing to hang our heads about. Does it sting a little? Sure it does, but that is what will drive this team. Always has, and this year is no different. Once McDuffie is back this team has the potential to skull drag anyone in NCAA Div 1 basketball.

Just sit sit back and enjoy the ride.

Don't sweat the petty things .....and.....don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

i don't believe that loss will make them better in the long run at all.. quite the opposite. now they embrace disappointment? better they had won it.

As Brian pointed out, you're quite the flip-flopper.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This is getting comical. You're projecting onto the team. Last I heard there were reports that the mood in the locker room was very down on the game. Which means they aren't embracing disappointment. I trust the coaching staff to turn that negative into a positive, and I trust the players to do the same.

I do agree it's better they had won it, but we all hate losing. I bet the players do too.

I'm sure many are tired of coming up just a hair short in many situations, but the opportunities are there, and it's all balanced on a razors edge. Going deep in the NCAA tournament depends on that balance every single year, and could fall either way, and more often than not, falls the wrong way. That's not just for us, but for everybody.

I'm grateful for enjoying this amazing ride we're on, in the best program in the nation with a coaching staff and players that do it the right way and win a whole ton of games in the process.

Comment

You really need to ****ing chill, or at least keep your idiocy confined to one thread. This "whoa is me" bullshit is offputting, and makes you look like a total loser who ties his self-worth to a bunch of college kids playing a ******* game.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

My takeaway:

If WSU goes back to Maui, follow them. You will not regret it.

Comment

Working...
                          X