Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Utah '15, UNI '15
    Are you proving my point or trying to refute it? Lol.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
      See, we do always lose against ranked teams in regular season. Tell me last time we beat a ranked team in regular season!
      Have you not read like 90% of the other posts in this thread? How many examples do you need?
      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post

Are you proving my point or trying to refute it? Lol.
        Those are wins against ranked opponents in the regular season off the top of my head in the last 2 years. So it was refuted. Badly.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This poster might be a dip sht, but don't tell me it's not frustrating. That was a painful game to lose in that manor, especially since it was the first real test of the season. We will win our fair share against ranked opponents this year, but damn.
          “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

This poster might be a dip sht, but don't tell me it's not frustrating. That was a painful game to lose in that manor, especially since it was the first real test of the season. We will win our fair share against ranked opponents this year, but damn.
            You didn't see the original title and post of the thread because the OP edited it because he's a ****ing p***y. Dip **** is putting it nicely.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

"Always"????

Really?????

Maybe pay more attention man. Or have some better perspective. We've won some pretty BIG games under this current AWESOME head coach. Sure this one hurts...but we are down a man right now. Surely you remember right? The guy who led the team in points and rebounds last year and who is a probable NBA'er by most experts.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Those are wins against ranked opponents in the regular season off the top of my head in the last 2 years. So it was refuted. Badly.
                Yes, it was refuted badly. Since the only knock on us nationally, and the cause of our poor seeding the past few years has been that we have not won against top opponents during the regular season, i don't think it's out of the realm to say we have not capitalized on these opportunities.
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Yes, it was refuted badly. Since the only knock on us nationally, and the cause of our poor seeding the past few years has been that we have not won against top opponents during the regular season, i don't think it's out of the realm to say we have not capitalized on these opportunities.
                  Are your drunk?

You made a statement that said we ALWAYS lose regular season games against ranked teams. I pointed out 2 wins over ranked teams in the regular season within the last 2 years. Your statement was WRONG. BADLY.

Next.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It’s also frustrating that Marshall can’t figure out to beat a zone defense

Comment

I honestly don't remember....what was Utah's rank at the end of the 2015 regular season?

Comment

I am, to say the least, disappointed in the fact that we had a chance to make a statement and let it slip. I think our not winning against ranked teams has been in large part a result of not having the opportunities. That will hopefully be rectified this year.
                        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Are your drunk?

You made a statement that said we ALWAYS lose regular season games against ranked teams. I pointed out 2 wins over ranked teams in the regular season within the last 2 years. Your statement was WRONG. BADLY.

Next.
                          Clearly nuance evades you. If you re-read the title and how i was trying to reframe the question, you might see that i wasn't trying to make the statement that we have never beaten a ranked opponent during the regular season. That's just ridiculous man. Address the spirit of the argument, and avoid the strawman semantic approach. Also, kick that "next" crap to the curb, you sound like a child.
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

We haven't had many opportunities to play close games. One disadvantage of crushing people night in and night out is that you get less close game experience. Marshall's weakness in these types of games (which may or may not even exist) is almost entirely due to the fact that we generally have the best scoring margin in basketball. This is exactly the type of experience that will help in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                              I honestly don't remember....what was Utah's rank at the end of the 2015 regular season?
                              Are we trying to move goal posts?

Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Clearly nuance evades you. If you re-read the title and how i was trying to reframe the question, you might see that i wasn't trying to make the statement that we have never beaten a ranked opponent during the regular season. That's just ridiculous man. Address the spirit of the argument, and avoid the strawman semantic approach. Also, kick that "next" crap to the curb, you sound like a child.
                                Backpedaling is for pansies. Next time, don't make a statement in error and maybe you can be taken a little more seriously. Own up to it and move on.

Next.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X