Shockers v Notre Dame Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

ND's advantage over us at this point is basketball IQ, in game situational coaching, and much more fluid and skilled offensive players. Star players have to lead in these games. ND's two AA candidates combined for 41/11/5, while ours had 18/6/8. Brey outcoached Marshall late. Coach has to get better and so does the team. I know we all love the depth, but there comes a time when chiefs need to be chiefs and indians need to be indians.

So ACC talent and coaching wins this game? Was Landry and ShaQ recruited for ACC??? Star players yes indeed (on both teams)!!! But who and what league brought them there?

It's a fine line. Wichita is RIGHT THERE!!! 1 point away.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 1. Ouch.......that one hurt
      2. Lots of plays and blame to go around
      3. We had actually regained momentum and 9 point lead when Gibbs banked in a lucky 3
      4. Don't understand why AR wasn't in bounding the pass with CF going in close to get it
      5. RN blocked Ferral's shot late, RK grabbed the ball and was pulled down. No foul we lose ball.
      6. First half we were the hunters and they were the hunted. Second half was just the opposite.
      7. I just don't have any confidence in Jones yet.
      8. Have to learn from defeat.
      9. ND never gave up. Ferral is an outstanding competitor

Comment

• I woke up and first thing that popped into my head is this loss. I hate that. Anybody else have that?

And ND out toughed us in the second half, don't you guys think? They exerted their will on us. We really do need to start recruiting a guy that is a master at operating inside a zone. Like, Coach should start adding that to his recruiting list. If we had a guy that could operate around the free throw line with high efficiency inside that zone, we'd implode the thing every time.
        Last edited by ShockAzs; November 23, 2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
          I woke up and first thing that popped into my head is this loss. I hate that. Anybody else have that?
          You mean you were able to go to sleep?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I think we can technically call it "passing out".

Comment

• Too many people putting this one one person. This was a coaching staff loss! Not prepared to attack a zone is a coaching issue, not telling Conner to call time out if option oONE is not there on inbounds, coaching, putting reeves in that position with 6 seniors on team, coaching, shall I continue. It's still November, plenty of time to fix issues. We don't have a lot, but the ones we have are glaring!

Comment

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                The pass was fine. AR was in over Zach Brown because coach trusted him to deliver.

• Did anyone think we would go undefeated?
              3 games in 3 days is hard!
              It is all about preparing for March and this will help get us there!

Comment

• One point loss, in a toss-up game, against a team ranked just seven slots below us, early in the season without last season’s leading scorer.

It’s really just about that complicated.

Sure, dropping the game in the final minutes and seconds like that is painful, but at the start of the season - knowing LS was questionable, and MM out - most of us would have predicted this Maui result as a reasonable and acceptable possible outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  We had 3 more rebounds but a stat that jumped off the page was at the free-throw line. We were 4-5 and ND was 13-17. With the nice lead we had, I'm surprised we were not drawing more fouls while also fouling them so much more?
                  that's almost amazing. It also means we settled to much

Comment

• Mental breadown lost this game, we will learn and get better. Go Shoxs!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      1. Ouch.......that one hurt
                      2. Lots of plays and blame to go around
                      3. We had actually regained momentum and 9 point lead when Gibbs banked in a lucky 3
                      4. Don't understand why AR wasn't in bounding the pass with CF going in close to get it
                      5. RN blocked Ferral's shot late, RK grabbed the ball and was pulled down. No foul we lose ball.
                      6. First half we were the hunters and they were the hunted. Second half was just the opposite.
                      7. I just don't have any confidence in Jones yet.
                      8. Have to learn from defeat.
                      9. ND never gave up. Ferral is an outstanding competitor
                      I also thought the jump ball before the last one was called way to fast and Zach brown had full control of the ball above his head. That isn't called, then even with the missed foul on the last jump ball, it's WSUs ball

Comment

• Stupid 8th grade fouls by Shaq and Rauno, plus a couple BS calls

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                          Too many people putting this one one person. This was a coaching staff loss! Not prepared to attack a zone is a coaching issue, not telling Conner to call time out if option oONE is not there on inbounds, coaching, putting reeves in that position with 6 seniors on team, coaching, shall I continue. It's still November, plenty of time to fix issues. We don't have a lot, but the ones we have are glaring!
                          Agree! How about calling a time-out when opponents make a run? ND did it. Not GM
                          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• So about that zone... Why not flash Shamet to the high post and have him implode the zone? He'll either draw a foul or make a nice pass outta there I bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Root Angry may be a cool guy. I had trouble sleeping last night too.
                              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                              X