No announcement yet.

Shockers v Notre Dame Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im gonna say, we are lucky we lost to the ranked team. Time for some MTXE and make Baylor pay.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Now I know how Cal felt. Conner, call a timeout, we had two to spare if you can't find a clean throw in. Champions make free throws when the game is on the line, we didn't, they did. I hope this team has finally figured out to NEVER take their freakin' foot off the neck when up. Lastly, for a team with so many (allegedly) great perimeter shooters, why can't they ever show up when the other team plays zone? Shooting 36 percent from 3 is hardly meeting expectations.

Comment

• Tough loss. Stings for sure, but we won't play but a couple teams as highly rated as ND all year. Zone defense was again our kryptonite, so that is a concern. We need Landry to be more aggressive and for our guards to get the ball to the post more often. Nothing overly concerning our season threatening yet.

I'm pissed we lost, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving so I'm not gonna sulk too long.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• It’s really simple. We didn’t finish. You can’t make mistakes like that and win games. You can’t blow big leads like that and win championships. Coach? What was your answer? This problem against the zone isn’t new.

Comment

• A win at Baylor will go a long way to erase this loss

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              4 non-intentional FTs.

Hmmmmm.
              But Bonzie gets 10 when he shoots nothing but fadeaways and runners.

Comment

• Coach said all he wanted was more play and 3 more seconds? What would have been different in those 3 seconds than in the previous 10 minutes?

Comment

• Gregg surprisingly positive. I like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                    Excluding Final 4 year, we always lose big games
                    Cept against KU, haha
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Is this the 2nd game we've lost due to an incorrect jump ball call? (Yes there are other reasons)

Comment

• We are a Top 10 team as-is. Top 1 team with McDuffie.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Up three with 15 seconds and he gave away 4 points. That’s the game.
                          Uh, we led by 14 at half. You don't lose...period.

Comment

• Zone offense is terrible and zone defense is worse. We didn't score for more than 5 min, and then run ONE possession of zone D and they drain a 3. Don't remember an open 3 by Conner or Landry, Zach had a couple open looks but didn't pull trigger on 4/4 night. Still comes down to players executing zone offense and ours was terrible tonight. I agree with earlier post, coaches who don't play zone against us are not very good coaches.

Comment

• Disappointing outcome. Perhaps we ran out of gas in the 2nd half. We did pretty well against the zone when we got inside on it. We just didn't do that enough.

For some reason 3G's teams just don't play as well in early season tournaments as they do in post season tournaments. Hopefully, that will hold true again this year.

No way any one player can be blamed for this loss. Truly was a team loss. The bottom line is that we just didn't play good enough in the 2nd half to get the job done.

Hopefully, it will provide some lessons that the guys will learn and grow from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                                Coach said all he wanted was more play and 3 more seconds? What would have been different in those 3 seconds than in the previous 10 minutes?
                                Our last second shot plays have always been horrendous under 3G

Comment

Working...
                                X