No announcement yet.

Shockers v Notre Dame Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame played tough as hell. Mike Brey outcoached Marshall a bit, again. He's great at that

Comment

• Stage too big for Reaves... maybe too tired... long flight home...

Comment

• Going to be some second guessed callsby officials. Ferrell fouled austin on steal, also stepped out of bounds too and wasnt reviewed, last tie up was clear Wsu possession and ND foul.

Comment

• Any coach that does not zone us should be fired.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• proshox
            proshox commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly. It doesn’t matter who zones us... we look like we have no idea what to do. Bringing the screener up over and over again just makes it harder once teams figure those plays out b

• Unfortunately no one to blame but ourselves. Make free throws. Play D like the 1st half. Get one call (sorry had to drop that in). Tough loss. Still aren't 10 teams better than us full strength.

We're spoiled (us fans). Everyone loses sometimes.

Comment

• I like Reaves but why wasn't Shamet priority 1 in receiving the inbounds pass for the hack situation? I'm lost there.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oh, and congrats on the banked 3 ND. Lucky ass mid-major junk.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

You don't know basketball obviously.
                Up three with 15 seconds and he gave away 4 points. That’s the game.

Comment

• This one is on the coach. 16 point deficit chipped away in a half without a time out. Finally used a couple late in the game when it was too late. Yes he has been doing this for years and it will never change, but it does cost us games time and again.

Comment

• That was a real bummer. Feel for Austin as that sequence could not have played out worse for him at a worse time.

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                      Stage too big for Reaves... maybe too tired... long flight home...
                      Let it fester on the flight home and when they step off the plane they gotta forget it and get better. Watch film (will be hard to watch) and then move on.

Great tournament all around, guys played hard, we proved we were legit, which is still not a very good consolation when you let a team who led 4-2 and 67-66 beat you.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• This loss is on whole team. Can't blame individuals too much. It's painful, but a championship game loss to a top 15 team. Hopefully we learn from this, and exactly the type of game we didn't get last year, except in March.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          This loss is all on reeves
                          That is absolute bullsh*t. Reaves couldn't see the guy coming up behind him.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• proshox
                            proshox commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I know you hate CF, but that steal can’t ever happen. And is always on Reaves.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          I like Reaves but why wasn't Shamet priority 1 in receiving the inbounds pass for the hack situation? I'm lost there.
                          Good question.

Comment

• Love Reaves, but the in bounds play is on the catcher, which was him in this case.

Had a chance to redeem his mistake at the line, but couldn’t convert.

He’ll have more good moments then bad, but this one hurts.

———-

That said, this loss is not no him.

Played more timed in the second half. Refs definitely didn’t help.

Need I say again.... A BANK THREE?!?!?!
                            The Assman

Comment

Working...
                            X