No announcement yet.

SHOX v Marquette Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowsey is the first player I've ever seen scream and celebrate after making a runner in the lane.

I'm disappointed, you'd think the BIG EAST would be all about big athletic players rather than small guards jacking up threes nonstop. They and Creighton will certainly have some great showdowns, filled with times where 70% of the players on the court aren't capable of dunking the ball.

Comment

• AR had barely been practicing with the team when the first exhibition was played. He has caught up now--just need to keep him healthy.

Comment

• Reaves is going to take some of somebody's minutes. He's getting back into game shape and game fl;ow really quickly.

Kelly can't be kept off the floor. When McDuffie comes back, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown coming off the bench.

A front line of Morris, McDuffie and Kelly has some potential.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          AR had barely been practicing with the team when the first exhibition was played. He has caught up now--just need to keep him healthy.
          Doubt that either Austin or Landry are 100% yet but they are getting close and 85% or so is pretty darn good.

Comment

• I really hope Marshall elaborates on what was said between him and MU coach after the game during the weekly coaches show next week.

Comment

• It's not as if Conner completely stunk it up out there.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Excellent point, although his defense is surprisingly not that solid considering the effort he put in early.

• Austin Reaves. During a timeout HCGM was reading him the riot act, right in his grill. He took his seat on the bench, didn’t sulk, didn’t pout. A few minutes later his number was called and off he went ready to roll. Great young man.

Turning Point. The 4th and 1 pileup with Rashard and Austin diving on the pile really fired up the bench + fans. One game at a time.

Comment

• wheathead
                wheathead commented
                Editing a comment
                I_Vector_Wu, thanks for all the in game live feedback. Good stuff.

• My pleasure, hope it helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                When our foes live by the 3, the Shox just keep plugging away until the shots quit falling but we keep balling.
                The reversion to the mean. It sometimes takes 30+ minutes, but you can almost always take it to the bank.
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                  Did Shamet hit a three???
                  1-4

Comment

• WSU press conference transcript.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Marquette press conference transcript.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Draymond Kelly

In the second half, Kelly out-hustled the field to chase down Sacar Amin and block his layup. Amin rebounded and Kelly rejected another shot.

"That's my favorite play of the year thus far," Shocker coach Gregg Marshall said. "That was a tremendous play, and it epitomizes Rashard Kelly and hopefully our program."
                        https://twitter.com/GoShockersMBB/st...57131460227072

None of the previous Maui MVPs earned a spot on that banner without scoring in double figures in at least one game. If Kelly pulls that off, it would be the perfect Wichita State way to finish its stay in Hawaii.  A program that reveres defense, rebounding and energy in ways most aren't capable needs to see Kelly on that list.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 21, 2017, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                          Rowsey is the first player I've ever seen scream and celebrate after making a runner in the lane.

I'm disappointed, you'd think the BIG EAST would be all about big athletic players rather than small guards jacking up threes nonstop. They and Creighton will certainly have some great showdowns, filled with times where 70% of the players on the court aren't capable of dunking the ball.
                          Rowsey was suspended for one exhibition game in October for conduct detrimental to the team. He probably ran his mouth off to the point one of his teammates punched him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                            Marquette press conference transcript.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...tes_112117.pdf
                            Q. Coach, you kind of let off speaking about Wichita State's championship potential, and looking at their scoring distribution today, is that a lot of what goes into making them a tough opponent? STEVE WOJCIECHOWSKI: They have outstanding coaching. They have tremendous experience. They have terrific offensive balance. They have a pro point guard. They have a strong identity in roles and definition, and they've got a terrific bench.
                            Other than that, they're not very good (laughing).

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                            X