No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Marquette (Maui) Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we come out a little more focused today. Look for Shaq to have another great game. Marquette will hit some shots (I think I read 47% of their shots so far this year are 3 point shots), but we leave with a margin of victory around 12.

Comment

The thing I worry about most is fatigue. Did anyone notice how gassed Z Brown looked at the end of the game sitting next to Morris. He was gulping air big time. He worked hard on that comeback as did many others. I know they are young and in shape but this is an early game and Marquette had an easier time in their game against VCU which was 3 hours before ours. The key may be NOT to get yourself in an early hole that you need to dig yourself out of. Good luck Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        I am not so worried about being gassed today but I am for tomorrow's (Wednesday) game vs the Irish or the Tigers. My hope is that the debacle vs Cal will result in two things, first is that the teams knows they must show up each and every game and the second is they know that they have the necessary poise under pressure to overcome obstacles. Today my afternoon productivity will be shot.

Go Shocks!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Gassed schmassed, Marquette didn’t have a cakewalk yesterday either. Let’s do this!

Comment

The issue with the fatigue factor is not just how much energy was expended in the game but also the relatively short recovery time the Shocks have between games.

The Shocks finished up against Cal at about 2:00 pm Maui time. The game today is at 8:30 am Maui time. So roughly an 18 hour break. Not sure what time the guys would be up and around thsi morning to prepare for this game but it's not a normal situation. Marquette in the same boat except they will have a few more hours of recovery time. Whether that is significant is hard to say.

Comment

Our depth should combat the fatigue situation. Let’s see if Marquette can say the same thing.
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                The issue with the fatigue factor is not just how much energy was expended in the game but also the relatively short recovery time the Shocks have between games.

The Shocks finished up against Cal at about 2:00 pm Maui time. The game today is at 8:30 am Maui time. So roughly an 18 hour break. Not sure what time the guys would be up and around thsi morning to prepare for this game but it's not a normal situation. Marquette in the same boat except they will have a few more hours of recovery time. Whether that is significant is hard to say.
                It sure didn't help us any last year against Louisville.

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post

It sure didn't help us any last year against Louisville.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If our 3 guards (I consider Austin a 3) can tally 6-10 assists between 'em it should be a comfortable win...

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Not gone with the wind. Just had to be moderated -- it's alive now! I will be fixing it so that regular posters will not have that issue in the future.
                      I have had two of them eaten today and yet to be spit back out. Both of mine were treated as spam after I attempted to make a minor edit to them.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Battle 4 Atlantis anyone? They had a horrible turnaround.

Comment

Just heard on the radio that MM is having season ending KNEE surgery Monday

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              If true....ugh.

Here's to a full recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

If true....ugh.

Here's to a full recovery.
                                No articles written so far, can't go on twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X