No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Marquette (Maui) Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Shox got served a BIG wake-up call yesterday and will be better prepared to take the initial "punch in the mouth" that Marquette will try to deliver. Also, as poorly as the Shox shot yet scored in the 90's I expect another score near 100.

Shox - 95
    Golden Eagles -75

Comment

Just tried to enter a lengthy post on the Cal vs WSU game thread that seems forever gone with the wind. Thus, the jest of it is how we overcome an 18 point deficit in the 2nd half by winning the battle of the boards 48-37 and the battle of the depth bench play 30-7. This last stat is a trademark of Coach Marshall teams here and It should be rare as pulling hens teeth to be beat on this stat. 3G recruits on players that can start or finish games and this Shocker team has quality depth that is like the gift that just keeps on giving.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Just tried to enter a lengthy post on the Cal vs WSU game thread that seems forever gone with the wind. Thus, the jest of it is how we overcome an 18 point deficit in the 2nd half by winning the battle of the boards 48-37 and the battle of the depth bench play 30-7. This last stat is a trademark of Coach Marshall teams here and It should be rare as pulling hens teeth to be beat on this stat. 3G recruits on players that can start or finish games and this Shocker team has quality depth that is like the gift that just keeps on giving.
        Not gone with the wind. Just had to be moderated -- it's alive now! I will be fixing it so that regular posters will not have that issue in the future.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Yesterday just kinda looked like we had the jitters. Sloppy with the ball, fumbling it out of bounds. Hopefully that comeback was a confidence booster. It wouldn't have been as bad if the other team didn't shoot lights out. Hopefully we're not too tired, but we should win this one.

Shockers - 79
          BIG EAST - 68

Comment

Get the latest Wichita State Odds, see their recent and upcoming schedule, matchups, injuries, stats, and team news.

Vegas predicting an 8 point Shocker win.

Marquette - 76
            Wichita State - 84

Comment

21st and Hillside - 92
              Chris Farley - 78

Did anyone else notice how absolute lit Asborjn was getting?! He was firing me up! Flexing on the sideline, screaming like- dare I say- a wild bear!

Comment

• WuShock Reaper
                WuShock Reaper commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw it! He looked like he was ready to storm, bare-handed through a 1,000 invading huns.

• shocks02
                shocks02 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think this picture sums it up. https://twitter.com/GoShockersLIVE/media

Can't wait to see the bear channel this energy and passion on the court.

• ripemupshocks
                ripemupshocks commented
                Editing a comment
                The Great Dane, God's Bear, is a berserker:

Berserkers – Bear Warriors

It is proposed by some authors that the berserkers drew their power from the bear and were devoted to the bear cult, which was once widespread across the northern hemisphere.[6][8] The berserkers maintained their religious devotions despite their fighting prowess, as the Svarfdæla saga tells of a challenge to single-combat that was postponed by a berserker until three days after Yule.[5] The bodies of dead berserkers were laid out in bearskins prior to their funeral rites.[9] The bear-warrior symbolism survives to this day in the form of the bearskin caps worn by the guards of the Danish and British monarchs,[5] the Royal Life Guards and the Queen's Guard.

In battle, the berserkers were subject to fits of frenzy. They would howl like wild beasts, foamed at the mouth, and gnawed the iron rim of their shields. According to belief, during these fits they were immune to steel and fire, and made great havoc in the ranks of the enemy. When the fever abated they were weak and tame. Accounts can be found in the sagas.[2]

AAC 74
              Big East 64

I am very, very curious to see what the tempo is for this one. I have a feeling GGG will slow it down and emphasize defense after yesterday's near disaster. Marquette, OTOH, will likely want to run and gun, which we can certainly do if we feel like it.

Comment

Line opens at WSU -9.5

Comment

Weird game yesterday. Shaq, Rauno and Landry could not have played much better. Rashard and Austin weren't scoring but they brought tremendous energy especially in the 2nd half. They were the two leading rebounders for the Shocks. Rashard had 10 and the skinny one with the bum shoulders grabbed 7 when he wasn't laying in MIke Kennedy's lap. Hopefully, Conner, Zach, Darral and Samajae play much better today.

I'm sure you all recall Deshun Sherrill of Augusta State who lit up the Shockers in last year's exhibition game. Did you catch that Cal's Don Coleman was from Augusta, Georgia. Perhaps 3G should make a note to avoid teams with guards that have ties to Augusa Georgia. I have completed my scouting report on Marquette and am happy to report that they do not have any players from Augusta or anywhere esle in Georgia.

Today's Trivia: Maui Jim, the tournament's sponsor, is based out of Peoria, Illinois.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 21, 2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I'm sure you all recall Deshun Sherrill of Augusta State who lit up the Shockers in last year's exhibition game. Did you catch that Cal's Don Coleman was from Augusta, Georgia. Perhaps 3G should make a note to avoid teams with guards that have ties to Augusa Georgia. I have completed my scouting report on Marquette and am happy to report that they do not have any players from Augusta or anywhere esle in Georgia.
                    When they mentioned where Coleman was from yesterday, I had a flashback to that game and thought to myself "what the hell did we ever do to Augusta, GA to deserve this sort of treatment".

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Today's Trivia: Maui Jim, the touranment's sponsor, is based out of Peoria, Illinois.
                      That explains something that had me a bit puzzled. I noticed that in the Maui Jim commercials many of the scenic shots where of Oahu and Honolulu, not Maui. I was wondering why their marketing people where using those shots instead of some of the stunning scenery to be found on Maui.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                        When they mentioned where Coleman was from yesterday, I had a flashback to that game and thought to myself "what the hell did we ever do to Augusta, GA to deserve this sort of treatment".
                        Perhaps some Shocker fan attended the Masters Golf Tournament and took a leak in the bushes or something. Was that you pogo ?

Comment

CF finds his stroke. DW and SMJ both play better. Depth wears them down in the 2nd half.
                          Shocks 87-77

Comment

I am not so worried about being gassed today but I am for tomorrow's (Wednesday) game vs the Irish or the Tigers. My hope is that the debacle vs Cal will result in two things, first is that the teams knows they must show up each and every game and the second is they know that they have the necessary poise under pressure to overcome obstacles. Today my afternoon productivity will be shot.

Go Shocks!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              Line opens at WSU -9.5
                              Line has already moved to WSU -12

Comment

Working...
                              X