WSU Versus Marquette (Maui) Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Marquette (Maui) Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. We have all heard of a Shaq-Attack. Tonight, we did receive that instead of the Panic Attack we were living versus Cal. Speaking of attacks, let's go back, way back. No, not the the Downtown Forum ( barely remember that place), but rather downtown Milwaukee on Feb. 19th, 1977. This was back when Marquette were called Warriors and not the Golden Eagles and they had a star player by the name of Bo Ellis and a great Coach named Al McGuire. The Shocks had some good players too in that era named Robert Elmore and Cheese Johnson. Speaking of attacks, Coach Harry Miller enters into that game Steve Kalocinski, a rough and tumble blue collar Shocker and a rumble occurred and Bo and Steve were ejected. If any of you remember details, please feel free to interject them. The Shocks won that roadgame 75-64. (We like 11 point wins against the team this same Marquette team that beat N. Carolina 67-59 and won the National Championship later that same Season.)

Now for the here and now. Marquette is picked 6th by Athlon, 7th by Lindy's, and 8th by Street & Smith in the mighty Big East and are led by 2 Sophs, Markus Howard, and Sam (yeaal-sir, yealsir, no-sir in this game) Hauser and Senior Andrew (not smelling no roses in this game) Rosey. They are 2-1 but took a big one on the chin from 18th ranked Purdue, 86-71. The Golden Eagles will not soar to new heights in this matchup because the Shocks are due to show the world what we are about when we play more like 30-35 minutes of Shocker play angry b-ball and will clip their wings. Today, our resilience and our experience overcome a near perfect storm by Cal. Tuesday, the Shocks will not have to dodge bullets while we were all sweating bullets, but rather play much much better.

The Shocks will get 22 points by #11 and win by 22 but a nice win will suffice. Shaq will continue to provide a tough inside presence with a double-double, and Frankamp will be hot, hot, and drain 5-6 three-pointers.

WSU Shockers....---90

Aquila Chrysaetos..68
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Marquette has some really good guards in Howard, Rowsey and Cheatham. They shoot the heck out of the ball. We should be able to take advantage inside. If we can contain their guards, we stand a great chance.

Comment

I predict that we will win.

After some of the previous games we have played in Hawaii i'm not going any further than that.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I predict a better start!
        The Assman

Comment

What time is the game and is it on the Duce again?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
            What time is the game and is it on the Duce again?
            12:30 PM CST on the ESPN.

Comment

Kalocinski could have starred in Ragnarok.
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

(One of) Marquetteā€™s SB Nation writerā€™s thinks Shockers are going to blow them out.
                The Assman

Comment

After the heavy helping of humble pie today. I just HOPE we win lol.

Seriously though, unless they play non stop zone we SHOULD do better tomorrow.

I will say Shox by 12. Closer than that most of the game.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I expect more of the same from Shaq and Landry. I expect far better shooting from the rest of the team.

Please don't let the Marquette guards sucker Landry into silly fouls.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

i think marquette is better than cal. but i can't expect marquette to shoot 60% from three/first half.

shox by 6

Comment

I'm worried we may be gassed after that comeback effort.

Comment

Was hoping somebody on here remembers any details of what happened in the big Shocker upset road win way back when when Steve K. and Bo Ellis had their disagreement. I can't remember what happened in the details but I thought it might have got somewhat physical to the point they were both ejected? Anybody remember that far back the details of the incident?
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Polka Dancing - 60
                            Square Dancing - 95

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Yeah a little worried about being gassed as well after a humongous effort to come back and beat a bunch of 4 star talent. Zach Brown get some sound sleep buddy! ShaQ...another big day tomorrow. No let down. Conner...you'll find "it" maƱana. Darrell...you're turn. Rest up men. See you tomorrow!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X