CJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Good News View Post
    On the pregame show I'm pretty sure Bob said his timeline for returning would be decided by the school administration, not the coaching staff.
    That's what I heard him say.

Comment

I didn't even notice if he was in street clothes again today. I forgot to look. Assuming so.

Comment

• I_Vector_Wu
        I_Vector_Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Affirmative on the street clothes.

Post game (or was it pregame?) interview HCGM seemed to imply he was still very much on the team; they were talking about how good we'll be once we get all the players healthy and on the roster; MK mentioned MM and GM mentioned CJ, so... I don't think they're expecting any transfer.

Comment

Good news!
        Livin the dream

Comment

I am still in the camp of "who's this guy going to take minutes from. Reaves playing at a high level. Jones seems to be the only one, and I don't think CJ has the PG game.

Comment

Amazingly awesome problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
              I am still in the camp of "who's this guy going to take minutes from. Reaves playing at a high level. Jones seems to be the only one, and I don't think CJ has the PG game.
              what skills does he have, exactly?

Comment

I love CJ too but I agree with Shaqness. The minutes are tight right now and will be even tighter once MM gets back in.

He's about 9 or 10 deep into the rotation.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We need to see CJ in live action. He has a decent outside shot and can guard the perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    I love CJ too but I agree with Shaqness. The minutes are tight right now and will be even tighter once MM gets back in.

He's about 9 or 10 deep into the rotation.
                    I think he'd be about 10th right now and 11th once MM comes back. I don't think he gets regular minutes this year unless someone gets hurt.
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                      Look people, we have all watched enough basketball to know, for example, just because Austin had a very nice game today doesn’t mean he is over the hump and will play like that all the time going forward. C.J. is no doubt behind the curve, but will get windows of time to be evaluated to see if a regular rotation is in his wheel house for this year. Remember Willis had a great first two games and we all were encouraged. We see some of the old Willis in Hawaii. Some of our players will go through most of the season performing up and down.

Comment

• BOBB
                        BOBB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        For the record, I wasn't encouraged by Willis' early play. Seen that movie before.

Has CJ been practicing with the team but not suiting up for games?

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        Post game (or was it pregame?) interview HCGM seemed to imply he was still very much on the team; they were talking about how good we'll be once we get all the players healthy and on the roster; MK mentioned MM and GM mentioned CJ, so... I don't think they're expecting any transfer.
                        I guess I didn't hear exactly the same conversation you did. They were discussing depth and that we are a little thin at the 3 so Kelly (I think he mentioned Austin too) had made great contributions at a new position pretty well because MM had been out. GM pointed out that we were also playing without CJ and Rod (red shirting) and that we need more depth as soon as possible but we are making do (I paraphrased). Since he mentioned a Rod, I think he was just saying this a problem he didn't foresee when he/Rod decided on Rod's Shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Look people, we have all watched enough basketball to know, for example, just because Austin had a very nice game today doesn’t mean he is over the hump and will play like that all the time going forward. C.J. is no doubt behind the curve, but will get windows of time to be evaluated to see if a regular rotation is in his wheel house for this year. Remember Willis had a great first two games and we all were encouraged. We see some of the old Willis in Hawaii. Some of our players will go through most of the season performing up and down.
                          He played quite well against both Marquette and Cal. His shots just didn't fall against Cal, while they did against Marquette. Still, he was quite strong whenever he was in the game, and letting him have the ball over SHJ was a dramatic difference.

But it's definitely more than one good game just because he hit double digits. He's second on the team in rebounds for the tourney, for one thing.

Austin's not going to average 10 PT/7 RB all season, but he's looking like a strong backup PG because of effort and ball control, both of which we can expect to continue.
                          Last edited by Rlh04d; November 22, 2017, 07:28 AM.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

If/when Austin is stronger, so he can get to the basket in traffic, and he will be able to do other things, he could be a really big weapon. Right now, he seems like a big weapon every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                            X