Bradley Coach fires back on Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Those teams are exactly why we "outgrew" the MVC. They refused to spend and even try to make their programs better, all the while sniping at WSU and doing what they could to hold them back. If GM (the seldom named MVC coach of the year) wants to take a shot at them occasionally then I'm all for it. He certainly doesn't need posters making excuses for them.
    None of us are aware of the financials of other schools. Could they have scheduled a little stronger? Possibly, but that still wouldn't have paid the bills and wouldn't have effected the outcome in the long run. I refuse to believe that any school strives for failure or even mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
      None of us are aware of the financials of other schools. Could they have scheduled a little stronger? Possibly, but that still wouldn't have paid the bills and wouldn't have effected the outcome in the long run. I refuse to believe that any school strives for failure or even mediocrity.
      I agree that schools don't strive for failure but I think you may be wrong on the mediocrity. Several schools in the Valley (MSU especially and maybe others), have good base financial support for their school (or at least the financials are available if the leadership strives for it), but lack the forethought and vision for what can be. Wichita State was there in the 1990's too. We had some community support but not the leadership to formulate a vision until Jim Schaus was hired.

Comment

The 2006 NCAA credits for 2 S16's and 4 teams in the tourney ran from 2007-2012. That's the same time frame when the Valley took a big step backwards and the bad financial situations at some of the Valley members became apparent.

WSU provided a lot of NCAA credits staring in 2013. Once the $$$ from WSU's F4 are gone, there will be some Valley schools struggling with the lower revenue in their athletic departments. Shortly after that the S16 money dries up.

While those aren't terribly significant amounts in the overall athletic budgets, they are cuts. Cuts to departments already struggling are problematic. The decreasing significance of the Valley will likely make it more difficult to raise funds from communities and alumni. In 5 or 6 years the Valley is likely to be scheduling a lot of away games for paychecks.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I am all for scheduling good teams across the board. Keep the RPI killers out of the schedule. But who would we replace on our schedule? There is really only 4 games, unless you add a MVC team as exhibition.

Florida Gulf Coast? They could win the MVC

South Dakota State? They are better than most MVC teams including Bradley

Arkansas State? They are definitely a candidate, but they still could be better than half of the MVC including Bradley.

Savannah State? They are low hanging fruit and I would hope WSU would get rid of teams like this. They are going to D2 anyway.

So lets just say we are going to replace Savannah State. Who in the MVC do you replace them with? My criteria would be that you have a good relationship with them and they actually not be a RPI risk.

That eliminate DU, BU, EU and ISUB. These are 200+ (maybe 300 RPI) perennial teams.
          Valparaiso - no relationship

SIU - They would be a candidate just because of Barry, problem is their non-conference schedule is not very good and are high risk RPI team if things don't go right for them.
          UNI - Another candidate, but this program does well in big games, but is not consistent for the long haul. They will likely give u a good game and maybe beat you, but will screw u in the end when they are middle of the pack MVC. But they are one of the team that could emerge to replace WSU as the "Boss of the MVC" - CANDIDATE
          ISUR - With the crap they have pulled starting with Stutz, not only would I not take their calls, but I would block their calls.
          LUC - Top 100 team and one I could see become dominant in the MVC, not sure though of relationship since they are so new to the MVC - CANDIDATE
          SWMO - They are program that on paper looks good this year, but their fans seem to hate their coach so their could be some uncertainty of where this program is headed - CANDIDATE.

In summary I would rank my candidates as:

1. UNI
          2. LUC
          3. SWMO
          4. SIU

ISUB, BU - these are a couple teams I could see turn it around.

EU, DU - They are going to be perennial RPI drags

Valpraso - nah, no history. Nobody cares.

ISUR - U do nothing to help these guys. If you want to crush them, let them actually get to the NCAA tournament to play you.

Comment

If you dont want people taking shots at your team, get better. I have little sympathy for the Valley as a whole. They want to do things on the cheap and punish anyone that strives to excel. Goodbye and good riddance.
            Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

When commenting on how tough our schedule is this year GM makes the comment "can we mix in a game with Bradley".A team that has been terrible for many years.
              This really offends you people?? Unbelievable how easily you are offended! This is ridiculous!
              I'll tell you what is ridiculous!

Wichita State, our Coach, our players , and us fans have everything, and that is everything, going for us at the present time.

We are now in a much improved conference (that wants us!).

We very possibly have one of the very best BB teams we have ever had.

We are virtually sitting in the Top 5 or 10 in most preseason BB polls.

The future could not look better.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THIS IS ALL A RESULT OF OUR MOST HIGHLY RESPECTED BB COACH.

So maybe he was misquoted, taken out of context, or just made a mistake.like we all have done and do, especially me.

Perhaps WE FANS need to start acting more like we belong and we too can start by not bad mouthing lesser schools and our previous conference.

Comment

QUOTE=WSUwatcher;n1076033]

Needless to say[/QUOTE]

Test quote.

Edit: There is some glitch where if your quote is "broken" it causes that. I'm just trying to recreate it.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

Wichita State, our Coach, our players , and us fans have everything, and that is everything, going for us at the present time.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THIS IS ALL A RESULT OF OUR MOST HIGHLY RESPECTED BB COACH.

So maybe he was misquoted, taken out of context, or just made a mistake.like we all have done and do, especially me.

Perhaps WE FANS need to start acting more like we belong and we too can start by not bad mouthing lesser schools and our previous conference.
                  Well you certainly told him! Now tell the Bradley coach to get better and maybe they can earn a buy game at Koch Arena.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post

Maybe Bradley can kiss my ass. Perhaps Wardle can coach his players not to goon it up.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

marshall called out bradley university basketball SPECIFICALLY/TOTALLY/100% because of the way that they hacked and undercut wichita state basketball players, causing injury, in last years mvc tournament. what about that do you people not understand?

Comment

I wouldn’t mind a game against a valley team, but most of the teams are RPI killers. That was a big reason for changing conferences. And I always liked Bradley and wish them well, but even their fans have to admit that the games have been severely one sided for a while now.
                        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

We have the opportunity in the future to schedule a few less than spectacular opponents. The American made that possible. I would be just fine with a game against MSU, SIU, or UNI.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

I don't like this just because Bradley is one of the few MVC teams where their fanbase deserves better than the team on the court. Also, they're one of the few teams that could, with the right hire, catch fire and have the fan support necessary to keep that coach.

Given the way they played in the conference tournament, screw Wardle and this current team. But I have sympathy for Bradley's state overall. Not enough sympathy to think a H/H with an RPI 300+ team is acceptable, but enough to hope they make the right hire and take off in the future.

Good luck to their fans in the future.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Agreed. Bradley screwed themselves a number of years back at the worst possible time. Now their stuck and we're gone. C'est la vie.
                              Bradley's coach doesn't seem to understand that nationally prominent programs don't schedule home and homes with the Bradley-esque programs. Maybe he can get a buy game at Koch though...

Comment

Just a thought, but it would appear that a number of post regarding Bradley and scheduling would boarder on the type of arrogance that we have come to despise from KU fans. Let's don't be them

Comment

Working...
                                X