Bradley Coach fires back on Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley Coach fires back on Twitter

Anybody see Brian Wardles tweet he fired off with a screen cap of Marshall statement that WSU might need to weaken it schedule with a Bradley. He list opens dates for home and Home.

Comment

I did see that. I'd prefer someone a little more competitive for a home and home, say UNI or ILL St, maybe even Mo St.

Comment

Question?
        Did Marshall even actually mention Bradley or was it inserted by the writer?
        Here’s how it was written:
        “Can we mix in a game against (Bradley)?” Marshall quips of a Missouri Valley team it beat by an average of 25 points in three games last season.
        If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
          Question?
          Did Marshall even actually mention Bradley or was it inserted by the writer?
          Here’s how it was written:
          “Can we mix in a game against (Bradley)?” Marshall quips of a Missouri Valley team it beat by an average of 25 points in three games last season.
          Seems as though I remember him saying it in one of the media day videos. Either the AAC one or the WSU one.

Either way I do recall him using Bradley as an example. I chuckled.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Lesson: Don't do stupid stuff to Marshall. He doesn't forget. He has the better team. He has the bigger microphone.

Comment

Next year expect to see our OOC schedule become less challenging. I would definitely be in favor of us playing Bradley or other MVC members. Now if the Bradley coach was just complaining that HCGM is being disrespectful, I would say to him, get better.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Maybe if they didn't suck so much we'd play them. I'm all for playing Valley teams in the noncom next year and going forward, but I'd like the games not to be RPI killers--which eliminates all but about 1-3 Valley teams.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                    Next year expect to see our OOC schedule become less challenging.
                    I would guess that while we might take the foot off the gas a little, especially with so many new players next year, I don’t think we’ll see a load of SWAC and MEAC teams coming into the 316. I imagine that we’ll still play the best teams that we can because 3G won’t back down from a challenge. We will have Baylor coming to CKA. We’ll apparently go back to OKC. The Charleston Classic is bound to have some solid squads...though maybe not like Maui or B4A, which is fine. I would hope that we always strive for a Top 50 non-conference SOS.
                    78-65

Comment

NM
                      78-65

Comment

Best quote out of this article ...

Wardle, who had lost all five meetings with WSU the past two seasons by an average of 27 points

Comment

I'd rather HCGM didn't call out a MVC team by name--what's the point? Honestly I'll bet he might agree if he wasn't speaking off the cuff--I expect he won't do it again for instance.
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                            I'd rather HCGM didn't call out a MVC team by name--what's the point? Honestly I'll bet he might agree if he wasn't speaking off the cuff--I expect he won't do it again for instance.
                            I wish we all would take that tact. The MVC served us well for many years and it is really not the fault of those remaining that we outgrew the conference. To me, when we grind on those remaining it simply sounds like sour grapes when in fact what remains are raisins.

Comment

I would think that the MVC team most likely to be on a future schedule would be Missouri State due to distance reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X