Preseason Fund Raising Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preseason Fund Raising Game?

Just saw someone on FB saying they had heard from a "reliable source" that we had an exhibition game scheduled for Nov. 6. Anybody hearing anything similar?
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

I saw the same thing on Facebook. I am guessing past on past posts on this board that it might be ORU.

Comment

ORU is the "secret scrimmage" though aren't they? Can't imagine we'd have them in twice. Stranger things have happened though.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I assume it is the aforementioned NMSU game, they just moved their previously scheduled exhibition game up a few days.

Comment

Shocks book Newman University for a charity exhibition on Monday, November 6th at 7:00 pm.
          WICHITA, Kan. -- Wichita State will host a charity exhibition game at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 6 against Newman University with proceeds going to the American Red Cross to benefit hurricane and other disaster relief efforts.

Comment

Kind of a bummer it isn't somebody like Creighton or NMSU at the very least but it's another opportunity for rehearsal and opportunity to see our Shocks. Can't complain but sometimes I still do.

Comment

Better than nothing. I would expect attendance to be close to what Shocker Madness was.

Comment

Newman?!? What happened to the KState rumor??? Did Weber punk again??

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                  Newman?!? What happened to the KState rumor??? Did Weber punk again??
                  KSU already had a exhibition vs MSU ...

Comment

Weber went with Missouri State and played in front of dozens of fans. I hear any hurricane victim in attendance got free bacon.

Comment

I am wholly opposed to the NCAA doing this.

Since they are, I think it makes sense for WSU to get in an extra game. Could be especially beneficial to SHJ, who needs to be ready by Maui.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                          Better than nothing. I would expect attendance to be close to what Shocker Madness was.
                          I believe we'll surpass that number.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

With the schedule the Shockers are facing this year we probably don't need another game with a Top 100 team especially with Landry and Markis sidelined for now. This will gvie 3G a chance to really work the younger guys in and see how they respond.

I'm looking forward to getting a longer look at the new guys.

And if you don't like the game buy a couple of tickets to support the charitable efforts of the Shockers and Jets and donate them to Big Brothers-Big Sisters to double your pleasure. We certainly don't want to embarrass our community like the K-State fans did.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              I'd guess a sell out (9,500 minimum).

Comment

Working...
                              X