Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    35-2 free throw disparity? wow..
    I didn't see the FT disparity live, because I try never to watch the Chickenhawks unless they're playing WSU, which means I don't see them very damn often (although these days it means I also don't have to put up with watching them win, which has some value). But, yes -- that IS an amazing statistic -- an observation that further proves what a scholar of basketball Bilas is. I guess it's just some of that magic of the Phog.

Actually, I'm not surprised at the outcome. I had an ESPN tab open on my computer this afternoon as I was doing some paperwork (is it still called paperwork if you do it online and not on paper?) and I saw that WVU was up 50-40 with 14 minutes left, and at that point I figured The Flagship had them right where they wanted them.

Is there any well known team that finishes as poorly as West Virginia does? They start seasons strong and finish weak, they start conference races strong and finish weak, they start individual games strong and finish weak. That "Press Virginia" stuff is catchy and all, and probably annoying to play against at first, but given their frequently displayed lack of staying power it's hard not to wonder if maybe it wears them out more than it does their opponents.

Comment

• UH at Temple today. We kinda need UH to lose in order to keep pace for 2nd place. A Temple win also keeps them in the hunt for an NCAA birth.

Comment

• KU fans are playing the "you only took jump shots" card but if the roles were reversed, I'm sure they'd all be giving credit to WVU. What a bunch of lucky, hypocritical fools.

Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 35 to 2. Enough said. What little I watched(six to seven minutes), I saw several questionable calls. I just told my wife, here it goes again. The flop by Azubuike was just an example.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
            Shocker Mama commented
            Editing a comment
            I laughed so hard at that entirely fake flop.

• Nice of Temple to be a no show at home against Houston. Sheesh!

Houston 41 - Temple 20 at the half.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 18, 2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            2-8 from 3. Huh......

• At least our AAC 'singles' all lost.

Comment

• Come on Notre Dame! Stick it in Larranaga’s backside!!!

Comment

• Man, OU is so bad

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                Man, OU is so bad
                Is it possible they don't even make the tournament? Lot of good wins but they look like a team that has quit. Could be a lot of losses in a row by seasons end.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Geez, between Lightfoot for KU, and Brady Manek, that’s some Children of the Corn stuff. Those are some wonky looking dudes.

Comment

• The way OU has been playing over the last month they shouldn’t be in. But because they have T. Young they probably will. They depend too much on young and really don’t run much of an offense. I felt all along Young would hit the wall late in the season because he plays so many minutes that physically and mentally he’ll implode. That looks to be the case. This team doesn’t resemble the team we saw in December and early January. I would love to see us play this version.

Comment

• The OU basketball story

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• OU looking to give us a Q3 loss....

Who is surprised? Really...

Thank God we are not playing in the Valley, otherwise we'd be looking at a first 4 game.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                          Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No. They’re not.

They could lose out and remain Q2.

• ShockerPrez
                          ShockerPrez commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know, I was just being sarcastic. It is funny just how much they are sucking.

• In only one game the Big 12 is trying to make it up to WV by allowing them felonious assault against Baylor without a call

Comment

• Creighton down 18 with 5 minutes left in the first half @ Butler. Creighton finishes the season vs Villanova, vs DePaul, and @ Marquette. They likely still make the tournament but it’s probable that their only wins in February and March come against DePaul and D2 Bemidji State. They won @ DePaul by hitting a GW 3 with 14 seconds left.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                            WuDrWu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Scrumptious.

• pie n eye
                            pie n eye commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Why the heck is Cruton playing Jumanji St in February?

• WheatShock
                            WheatShock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The only tough game against Bemidji St would be in hockey.
                        Working...
                        X