2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I wouldn't root for KU if they were playing Satan and his gang.
    Me: Who would you root for between KU and the Taliban?
    WuDrWu : I would have a towel wrapped around my head so fast, you wouldn’t believe it.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I wouldn't root for KU if they were playing Satan and his gang.

With that said, KU is going to find their "free throw touch" in the second half and pull out the win anyways.
      Hahahahaha. It can't be said any better than that

Comment

• I thought the Shockers made a league improvement going to the American. I would agree the competition in better, but damn the attendance is probably worse. Temple and UConn on ESPNU and ESPNN and there are dozens of people enjoying American conference basketball. Color me unimpressed.
        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• What is the deal with St. John’s this week

Comment

• Shocker Mama
            Shocker Mama commented
            Editing a comment
            Yaay! Beat Villanova.

• Marquette picks up a decent win @ Seton Hall.

Comment

• This feels like it’s gonna be a really good week

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              What is the deal with St. John’s this week
              Just did a "what if" for St. Johns: Win out the regular season: 17-13, RPI 50, SOS 6.

Would the 2 losses to Georgetown and 1 to DePaul and a 7-11 conference record be forgiven if they win 1 or 2 games in their tourney?

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Can't see a team that was 0-11 in conference before tonight running any table. Too used to losing.

• Now if DePaul can hang on to beat Creighton tonight, it will make for a pretty good last couple of days.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                What a colossal self fisting the Blue Demons administered to themselves. They hit a 3 to tie, then get a dunk for a 2 point lead at a minute to go.

Cu misses a 3, O board. Timeout. Layup blocked, O board, 3 ball missed, another freaking O board and finally a 3 goes in. 76-75. DePaul calls a timeout with 10 seconds, turns it over with 3 and loses.

• Purdue goes down at home to Ohio State

Comment

• Auburn and A&M coming down to the wire.

Comment

• AndShock
                  AndShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sometime in the next hour. Hopefully.

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Uh oh, Auburn with the ball, 3 sec to go chance to win.

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  unranked A&M hangs on to beat #8 Auburn by 1 point

• #1, 3, and 8 all lose today!

Comment

• I would have rather seen Purdue win and help knock Ohio St down a notch for us. Now, they're more deeply entrenched ahead of us.

Hopefully, aTm stays behind us after beating Auburn. Again we're more in competition with aTm than we are Auburn.

On good notes, UNLV beat Nevada to keep them off our backsides while UNLV has little to no chance.

Also, #2 Virginia (soon to be #1), beat another one of our thorns in Flordia St and K St beating a closer rival to us in Texas.

We get a double good dose with Marquette over Seton Hall. Too bad DePaul couldn't hold on against the Jays.

Comment

• Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                    I thought the Shockers made a league improvement going to the American. I would agree the competition in better, but damn the attendance is probably worse. Temple and UConn on ESPNU and ESPNN and there are dozens of people enjoying American conference basketball. Color me unimpressed.
                    2017 Average Attendance
                    AAC - 5744
                    MVC - 5010

Now take out WSU from the MVC and add them to the AAC. AAC is a definite upgrade attendance wise.

Comment

• jdmee
                      jdmee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      How much is the attendance impacted by both Cincinnati and Houston not playing in their home arenas due to renovations?

Cincinnati has dropped from 11917 in 2016-17 to 8816 this year.
                      Last edited by jdmee; February 8, 2018, 03:52 PM.

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                      Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Those are last year's attendance numbers. You might be right that Cincy and Houston might be down this year, but that will be just a 1 year thing.

• Signman
                      Signman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The more interesting attendance change to track this year will be the conference tournament. Not sure how much Wichita will affect the AAC in Orlando but the lack of ICT interest in the Arch will be dramatic.

• There's more competition for butts in seats in Philly, Memphis, NO, Houston, etc. than in Carbondale, Terra Haute, Evansville, etc. And why is there even a town named "Normal"?
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It's also not about the butts in the seats, its about the eyes on the screen. Way better nationally televised package in the American.
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Working...
                      X