No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati’s defense is tough. Cincinnati’s offense is tough...to watch.

Comment

• UNC tied with a Farrell and Colson-less Notre Dame with 7 minutes left.

Comment

• So apparently TT stormed the court after beating WVU...you’re ranked in the top 10. Act like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
          So apparently TT stormed the court after beating WVU...you’re ranked in the top 10. Act like it.
          Agreed. There's only one legit excuse to storm the court. Unranked team beating #1. That's it. You want to be the team that they storm the court when they beat you. Not the other way around. If our crowd ever storms the court, it means we've gone back to being a mediocre program.

Comment

• The real reason that WSU fans will never storm the court is because the facility setup makes it difficult to do...certainly doing so in a safe manner.

Make no mistake about it. I would have been the first one on the floor for Matty B’s shot if I could have.
            78-65

Comment

• atlwsu
              atlwsu commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought it was because Medicare won't pay for the injuries!

• Tech was 4.5 point favorite in that game and didn’t cover. Storming the court makes your fan base look extremely silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              The real reason that WSU fans will never storm the court is because the facility setup makes it difficult to do...certainly doing so in a safe manner.

Make no mistake about it. I would have been the first one on the floor for Matty B’s shot if I could have.
              When was the last time Wichita State stormed the court? I remember playing out at the Kansas Coliseum, and a young Turgeon lead Shocker team knocked off a ranked Creighton squad. Fans rushed the court.

Was that the last time? Has it ever been rushed at CKA?

Comment

• WuShock16
                WuShock16 commented
                Editing a comment
                On Senior Day 2006, word made its way through the student section that anyone who jumped the rail would be arrested. Students were encouraged to go around to the corner sections that gave flat floor access.

In 2012, students didn’t necessarily storm the court but more like casually gathered on the court to celebrate the league title.

Since then, announcements have been made for fans to stay off floor.

• We probably stormed the court after winning the Valley in St. Louis, I don’t really remember though

Comment

• asiseeit
                asiseeit commented
                Editing a comment
                I can remember storming the court after Lanny Van Emman hit a shot with 6 sec left to
                end ( as i remember ) Cincinnati's 47 game winning streak back around 1960

• West Virginia players allegedly punching Texas Tech fans during the court storming.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...he-court-upset

Comment

• ISUb and MSU in a barn burner. 1-1 at the first media time out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                  West Virginia players allegedly punching Texas Tech fans during the court storming.

Needs suspended, no question about it. The Texas Tech fan literally did nothing but go right next to him. Trash move by the WVU player.

Comment

West Virginia players allegedly punching Texas Tech fans during the court storming.

While I don't like TT storming the court as the 8th ranked, at home, and favored, it didn't look like any of the students were really to blame. About 3 WV players were the aggressors and probably should receive some sort of suspension. I just hope that one of their players out on the floor doesn't, as he was separating and moving back one of his unruly teammates.

Comment

• It really is time to ban court storming. Players are morons, but that needs to stop for everyone's safety.

Comment

• Player and fan altercations in Lubbock....hmmm...where have I heard that before. Get Smart.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This altercation looked pretty one-sided. There was Tech personnel around the WV bench. One player was very slow getting off the court and there was a WV coach/manager running toward their player before that player was "brushed". Player turned, swung, and connected with the back of the fan. The fan turned but kept on going. After that, at least 2 players moved out into the edge of the crowd through the guards.

Nothing alleged about it. That player could and possibly should be charged with battery.

Comment

Working...
                        X