• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Games of Interest

"Bears, Cougars hit hardwood for great cause" - Waco Tribune-Herald

By Brian Crownover
    10/21/17

"...The Baylor men’s basketball team hit the hardwood Saturday afternoon, hosting coaching veteran Kelvin Sampson and the Houston Cougars in an exhibition game with all of the proceeds of the gate benefiting those affected by Hurricane Harvey. Though there was a final — Houston won 81-78 — the cause took the spotlight Saturday afternoon inside the Ferrell Center...."

"Basketball Tops Milwaukee in Hurricane Relief Exhibition Game" - Marquette Athletics

Oct. 22, 2017

Potential Maui Invitational Opponent

"The Marquette University men's basketball team took University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in a 78-63 exhibition win. The cross-city matchup raised over $30,000 in support of hurricane relief efforts on Sunday afternoon at the Al McGuire Center..."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "Basketball Tops Milwaukee in Hurricane Relief Exhibition Game" - Marquette Athletics

Oct. 22, 2017

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-...102217aaa.html

"The Marquette University men's basketball team took University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in a 78-63 exhibition win. The cross-city matchup raised over $30,000 in support of hurricane relief efforts on Sunday afternoon at the Al McGuire Center..."
      $30,000? How much do the schools keep for these "charity" events? Either the schools are getting a nice payday for "hurricane relief" or virtually no one was interested in seeing Marquette play UW-M.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"Irish Open Preseason With 97-57 Win Over Holy Cross College" - Notre Dame Athletics

Oct. 20, 2017

http://www.und.com/sports/m-baskbl/r...102017aaa.html

"The Irish unofficially got the 2017-18 season underway on Friday evening, as the Irish comfortably defeated Holy Cross College by a final score of 97-57 in the first of three exhibitions. Five players finished in double figures for Notre Dame, as Martinas Geben led the way with 20 points...."

Comment

Oct. 22, 2017

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

You know the season is close when the "Games of interest" thread hits!!!

Let's get it on!!!

Comment

For those that are getting the itch, UConn plays Providence tonight at 6 CST in a hurricane relief exhibition. Game will be streamed through Fox Sports Go, which you can access through your cable provider. The game is being played at a neutral site and rumor is they've almost sold-out.

Comment

Interesting that neither the Springfield MO paper nor the report from GoPowwercat even mentioned attendance or the amount of money raised for hurricane relief -- which was supposedly the whole point of playing the game.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

UConn Huskies lost 76 to 90 to Providence in Charity Exhibition Game at Mohegan Sun Area - Uncasville, CT

Raised $75,000
                Attendance: 6,415

Comment

VCU VS. LIBERTY (CHARITY EXHIBITION GAME) - 10/26/17

VCU is a potential 2nd round Maui Invitational Opponent

Comment

VCU lost to Liberty, 69-85 - VCU had a Ken Pomeroy Rating of 83 versus Liberty of 175.

Attendance of 3,497 out of 7,500 capacity.

Comment

VCU lost to Liberty, 69-85 - VCU had a Ken Pomeroy Rating of 83 versus Liberty of 175.

Their board is blaming the refs. lmao

Wouldn’t mind if their garbage fanbase had to deal with a one-way ticket to the abyss.

Comment

Wow! Didn't see that one coming.

Comment

Oklahoma lost to UT-Arlington, 84-99 in Norman, Oklahoma - Oklahoma had a Ken Pomeroy Rating of 21 versus UT-Arlington of 107.

Oklahoma faced UT Arlington in a charity scrimmage on Saturday to raise money for Harvey recovery. UTA won the scrimmage, 99-84.

Comment

Headline says “edged” by 15 points?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I don't think I would count on that score to mean a whole lot by the time the Sooners hit Wichita. I am thinking they will pull it together by then and give us a real good workout. Just so long as it's a *workout* and not a *working over*, it'll be real fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X