• Show
Clear All

• Texas Arlington Pre-Game Thread

Let's keep it going guys! make it 5 in a row! :clap:

Shox 71
    whoever they are 59

Matt has 2 turnovers.
    the cheerleaders rock the house.
    clemente shows that he means business.(double double)
    PJ plays 'D' like no other.
    Gris manages to score.
    texas arlington loses their first game.
    gal palms at least once.(that kinda goes without predicting though)

i'm done.
    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

The crowd once again disappoints.....

Shox - 74
      UTA - 62
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

WICHSTAT - 67
        UTARLING - 61

Comment

Our first real blowout

WSU 84
          UTA 59

Just my $.02 but the crowd will get better with UAB and LSU. Not that these guys (UTA & MBC) are cupcakes but they are from low major conferences.

BTW, I listen on the internet and the crowd sounds pretty lively. :yes:

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by moshock
            Our first real blowout

WSU 84
            UTA 59

Just my $.02 but the crowd will get better with UAB and LSU. Not that these guys (UTA & MBC) are cupcakes but they are from low major conferences.

BTW, I listen on the internet and the crowd sounds pretty lively. :yes:

That's cause I'm mic'd up....you're welcome :D

I think the Valley games will be packed, but the only way LSU and UAB even will draw well is if we keep winning between now and then. Drop a couple games and I think it won't be a whole lot better than what it's been.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

i think i might come to this game.
              if the attendance is as bad as it seems then apparently there will be open seats for me to nab.

the problem for me is that i'm always afriad i'll drive to wichita then have the game be sold out... then i'll have nothing to do in wichita... and being a cheapass that i am, i will complain about the gas i've wasted..
              even if i did find something else to do that would mean i wouldnt be able to listen to the game on the radio like i usually do!

what a dilemma i'm always in...

anyhow, i'm convinced that the crowd will not sellout because this is another no-name team.

go shox!
              veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                The crowd once again disappoints.....
                ... and then we'll have a 10 page thread bitching about it. :D
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                  i think i might come to this game.
                  if the attendance is as bad as it seems then apparently there will be open seats for me to nab.

the problem for me is that i'm always afriad i'll drive to wichita then have the game be sold out... then i'll have nothing to do in wichita... and being a cheapass that i am, i will complain about the gas i've wasted..
                  even if i did find something else to do that would mean i wouldnt be able to listen to the game on the radio like i usually do!

what a dilemma i'm always in...

anyhow, i'm convinced that the crowd will not sellout because this is another no-name team.

go shox!
                  Buy the tix online before you come, problem solved (assuming you have internet access) :lol:

Comment

WSU--77
                    MAVERICKS--70

According to Sporting News BB Mag., this team returns all 5 starters and 10 of their top players from last year. Hope to see continued development for MG, WP, and AE. That way when Valley play rolls around, we will be 9-10 deep with solid depth.

Durley is far better at this juncture than I anticipated. Clemente is a really coming around and noses out the rebounds like few I have seen at his size. I am digging the play of our Seniors. GM needs to have a big game Friday. With PJ playing mostly the 3, we are not as deep with guards as I thought we would be. This explains the impressive crop of guards in here next year. Our big men will be shorter this year, but quicker then several teams we play. I love the hustle of our team!!!!!!!
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

SHOX - 74

MAVS - 68
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This sounds like another team with similar stats as UMBC but UTA has only played one of their 7 games this year on the road so far and it was in front of only 2100 fans, so I am hopeful that we can pack the Koch (this time) and rattle them a little with our crowd.

"Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
                        --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

They really havent played anybody, to be honest i was more worried about UMBC, then these guys. Although we shouldnt take them lightly, i think we will end up winning by the 12-15 point range
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                            They really havent played anybody, to be honest i was more worried about UMBC, then these guys. Although we shouldnt take them lightly, i think we will end up winning by the 12-15 point range
                            I noticed this too and I would take a 12-15 point victory in this game. That sound good to me.

:yahoo:
                            "Everyone has their own level of comfort, I elected to stay. I sleep well, love where I am, and have a great level of support."
                            --Head Coach Gregg Marshall

Comment

We'll have our hands full again but so far at home HCGM and the guys have done NOTHING to make me think they won't both outwork the other guys and get it figured out one way or the other.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                              X