Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys have any rituals you do before a shocker game or

eat anything during a game?

I live in Topeka - right in the middle of KU/KSU country. I always wear my Shocker gear to work on game days. I usually get some snide comments from the purple people and the gayhawks - but I am always proud to wear the black and yellow. :goshocks: :posterwu:

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU
      I live in Topeka - right in the middle of KU/KSU country. I always wear my Shocker gear to work on game days. I usually get some snide comments from the purple people and the gayhawks - but I am always proud to wear the black and yellow. :goshocks: :posterwu:
      I also wear black and yellow on game day, but living in Wichita, I don't get any snide comments.

Comment

Re: Do you guys have any rituals you do before a shocker gam

Originally posted by JohnDorian
        eat anything during a game?
        John, I usually have a major BM 1 hour before game time... it settles my churning stomach.
        :yahoo:

P.S. T-minus 13 minutes... the old tummy is churning. :good:
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I always wear a shocker dress shirt and listen to the pre-game shows.
          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Usually I wear my now tattered, yellow, long sleeve shirt. It is sorta like a medium weight sweat shirt.

It is starting to look pretty rough.

Some times, I wear one of the tees, which are given away at the games. Then, I usually wear the tee, which bears the name of Ta Town's favorite former coach.

During games, I do not talk very much and I am quite capable of body language to mimic game action.

My most common outbursts are "Git in ball!" or "Git out ball!"

Comment

I yell and curse alot.

I talk alot of trash.

I also jump and act antsy like I need a double dose of vicoden.

All in all im pretty fun to be around during games depending on you personality.

I wear something shocker related always.

Comment

Just before tipoff, no matter home or away, there is a cerimonial throwing of a person onto the playing floor as a rememberance of friends goneby.

Also, unless driving, I stand until the other team scores whether or not I am at the game.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I wear my WSU polo on weekday gamedays and, if going to the game, my long-sleeve yellow WSU t-shirt.

Comment

I wear my Shocker gear here in SMS bear country. I get a few comments at work but because I'm the "boss" it doesn't get too carried away.

I usually eat a couple of bean burritos a few hours before I listen to the game.....my family doesn't listen to the game with me...hmmm...

I have thrown up a few times after a game but not for a few years now.

:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Also, unless driving, I stand until the other team scores whether or not I am at the game.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                      im not just saying this but i swear I also do the same thing

Comment

I put in my 8 track tape of George Clinton and watch 8 mm film I took of Tyrone Shoelace when he invented the crossover dribble.
                        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

I've been known to sacrifice a virgin or two just before a game; you know, just to appease the basketball gods. Only problem is, in this day and age virgins are hard to come by. :o
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I get drunk.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I was absolutely shocked today when I went to Olathe Northwest High School to teach for the day (I'm not a teacher, or a sub, just delivering a message), and I could not believe the amount of Shocker stuff I saw there. I would say I saw at least 10 separate kids wearing the yellow and black, and a huge WSU flag in one of the teacher's classrooms.

I thought it was totally awesome.

:posterwsu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                              X