Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any prior write up on this guy? Can't find any.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any prior write up on this guy? Can't find any.

According to the St. Louis Post web site, he led the St. Louis metro area in strikeouts per game at 15.15 β€” 101 Ks in 46 2/3 innings.

He had a 0.90 ERA as a junior, with 3 shutouts and a 0.49 WHIP.
    He also pitched in the Area Code Games on the same team as Sossamon.
    β€œThe rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'”

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

If I think about it come spring, I'll see if I can catch one of his games.

Comment

Charlie is from Old Monroe, MO. It is about 8 miles down the highway from Moscow Mills, MO where Aaron Shafer is from. I haven't seen Charlie play -but come Spring I will check him out at a couple of Winfield's games. I wonder if Aaron had anything to do with Charlie choosing WSU.

I posted this in the wrong topic area first time around. Then someone posted a link to another story saying Charlie and Aaron did spend some time talking on his visit to WSU.

I asked around and the "old farts" as my wife calls the guys who have coffee together each morning, said this kid was good but it was hard to compare him to say a Ross Detweiler or either of the Shafers because he doesn't play the same kind of competition they did. No one was sure if he played legion ball or who he played for if he did. Winfield doesn't play a lot of big schools but some of the smaller schools in the state have pretty decent baseball teams.

Comment

Thanks for the info T-Roy, and I think we would all appreciate any efforts you make to check him out and give us your insights.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I'd say if he pitched in the area code games then it should be clear he is a stud. You dont find big lefties like this kid with this velocity that dont bring a lot of attention. he may not have much compitition at his high school but the area code games are for the select few. Think of it as the McD's high school all american game. You better have more than numbers to get a chance to play in the area code games. There isnt a team anywhere that couldnt use a big leftie that brings the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
              I'd say if he pitched in the area code games then it should be clear he is a stud. You dont find big lefties like this kid with this velocity that dont bring a lot of attention. he may not have much compitition at his high school but the area code games are for the select few. Think of it as the McD's high school all american game. You better have more than numbers to get a chance to play in the area code games. There isnt a team anywhere that couldnt use a big leftie that brings the heat.
              Big lefty, throws hard, a MLB scouts dream. This kid will have serious offers from MLB teams that we will have to sweat out.

Comment

Working...
              X