replied

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    According to a Boston University study, MLB umpires miss an average of 14 balls/strikes per game. That's over 34,000 per season.

Boston U Study

I believe there's also a website somewhere that tracks the accuracy of each umpire through the season.
    14 out of almost the average of 300 pitches per game doesn't look that bad. However, one would have to subtract every pitch that a batter had swung at, hit or miss. I also have no problem with "close" pitches. It's the BAD ones in crucial times that bother me. Umpiring in the major league has gotten a lot more attention over the years with every pitch/play viewable as to the ump's accuracy. They have gone to reviewing some plays and allowing some challenges, but not on balls and strikes. I would not be opposed to allowing a team 1 "ball/strike" challenge per game in crucial times. However, the call would have to be truly a bad call. Something like a called third strike cannot not be overturned unless the ball is fully and clearly outside the strike zone. A called ball 4 cannot be overturned unless the pitched ball is touching the strike zone line. Batters still need to "protect the plate". Yes, Alex over-sold the pitch, but in this case, it should not have a barring. Nevertheless, there seems to be a rash of bad calls in the field this year and they get corrected.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    According to a Boston University study, MLB umpires miss an average of 14 balls/strikes per game. That's over 34,000 per season.

Boston U Study

I believe there's also a website somewhere that tracks the accuracy of each umpire through the season.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    MLB Fans Couldn't Believe Umpire's Called Third Strike on Phillies' Alec Bohm (msn.com)

"Bohm came to the plate facing a full count with the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the seventh inning, a crucial spot for Philadelphia, who trailed 2–0 at the time."

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Hopefully, Luke gets a September call up to the big show.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 11, 2023, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

That pitch was center cut and Alec did not miss it.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Brock is hitting .241 with a hr and three rbi in 29 AB’s for the Modesto Nuts.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Will Killgore or Ritter be the next Shocker in the majors?

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

https://www.mlb.com/video/phillies-r...the-win-in-9th

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Was that Annie Savoy cheering for Luke in the above July 16th tweet? If so, he may be on his way to New York.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X