This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
    This is at least semi-topical. Not a Shocker in the pros, but a former Shocker player who is now professionally coaching.

Mitch Mormann is the new pitching coach at Creighton. Wondering what Shocker fans remember him for, if anything?

https://gocreighton.com/news/2022/1/...ing-coach.aspx
    Russ is the Mormon I remember. That was a great era in Shocker baseball. NCAA All American, First round MLB draft choice. 11 year MLB career
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Morman.

Great for Mitch. I don’t recall him. 2012 not a great Shocker year. One year as a Shocker Pitcher. A 35-25 Shocker team who bowed out in the MVC Tournament in 2 games.

But happy for a good baseball player and former Shocker player. I have a soft spot in my heart for all former Shockers. Good Luck to him.
    Last edited by Shockm; January 7, 2022, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Alec Bohm set to be on Phillies opening day roster.

Greyson Jenista moves from AA Mississippi to AAA Gwinnett.

Comment

• Bohm has 3 errors so far through 3.1 innings.

Yikes.
            The Assman

Comment

• Don’t know if anyone caught this.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I don’t blame him. Lol. Philly is a cesspool.

Comment

• Article about Bohm on SI.com - https://www.si.com/mlb/phillies/opin...ors-third-base - mentions the 3 errors and his apology and suggests he's mainly a hitter and would do better on a team where he gets to play 1st base and focus more on hitting.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• A Bohm bomb. BTE, the Shocks need to get their catchers some yellow gear although the pitchers might go blind.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      A Bohm bomb. BTE, the Shocks need to get their catchers some yellow gear although the pitchers might go blind.

That HR ended a streak of 40 straight appearances by Hader without giving up a run.

Comment

• Another Alex Bohm highlight. This one with the glove.

Comment

• While you anticipate most college players will beef up a bit after college, is it my imagination or has Greyson Jenista done that in spades.

Comment

• More Bohm highlights.

Phillies vs. Cardinals - Game Recap - July 8, 2022 - ESPN

Comment

• Updates on former Shox across baseball:

19 former Shockers are playing professionally, including Alec Bohm, Codi Heuer and Sam Hilliard at the Major League level.

Comment

• Pissed that it was against my Padres, but good throw out by Hilliard:

Comment

Working...
                                X